Hi I'm Piike.

Anyway I'm going through a difficult problem like some do from time to time on these forums anyway.

My Girlfriend and I are in our 30s and we met about 4 months ago and for the first 3 months every has been great she's loving and has a big heart...

but before me she was in a relationship with a guy for 6 years but they broke up frequently through those six years because he would cheat on her etc.... and she was too weak move on and when she would and try to meet someone else ... he would come back into her life and sweet talk her back.

This has happened at least twice then she meets me and he's been so jealous... he drives by her house and tries to woo her back etc... which is annoying and won't go away.

Now we care about each other but he keeps popping up stirring her old emotions for him.

She claims that she's moved on with me but calls me insecure when I bring up him constantly trying to stay in the picture. (Can you blame me?)

Now that we're into our fourth month she's changed. She's really stressed over bills and moving into another house....

I asked her was it something I did and she says it's nothing to do with me or her ex.... she just has a million things going on.

She says we're around each other too much and that we both need to have our own life outside our relationship and that we need our space.

As of last night I was talking to her and she said she would call me back...but she didnt so I called her back a couple hours later and her phone was turned off... so I called back in the morning and it was back on but she didn't answer.

So I think I'm just going to back off and not call. I'm not insecure it's just her ex won't go away and it's put a strain on our relationship. So I'm scared if I stop calling ...that will give her more time to think about her ex and If I do call it will just xxxx her off.

I've dodge relationships for years and this is why frown

Any advice?

Last edited by PDM; 09/01/07 09:26 PM.