[color:#6666CC]
Originally Posted By: JoeNathan
...I'm not even sure what I'm writing will make sense or have any relevance to the topic of stress due to the state of mind I'm in at this moment. I'm stressed out and I think I'm doing it partly to myself. I get real bad tension headaches from my stress. .. sometimes they're chronic.
You are 25 and so stressed and confused that it is making you feel ill ~ or, at least, something is giving you chronic headaches. This is not good, for various reasons, so let's try to make some sense of it.
Quote:
I've been sort of dealing with a dilemma. My roommate has asked me to move with him to Arkansas .....

Ok, so you have a dilemma:

Your roommate has asked you to move with him to Arkansas from Mississippi. (I just checked what 'MS' stands for). I see from the map that these are neighbouring states.
You are both in IT and he says that you could definitely get a job with his new company.

Let's look at the pros & cons:

What is positive about staying in Mississippi?
You have a great job, with the promise of a great career. After only 10 months you are doing exactly what you love and want to do for the rest of your life. The people are pleasant.

What is negative about staying in Mississippi?
You have had to work late nights at work ~ you don't mind because you love what you are doing ~ but it does get stressful at times.
Sometimes, after work, you just need to wind down with the few hours left in the day.
You live in a small town where you find it difficult to fit in with the people.
You haven't begun any relationships since you moved to this town to attend college.
You have had no girlfriend here and have no female friends.
You have very few male friends here and most of them are moving to Arkansas.
You are lonely here. You say: 'I stay. here and I'm not happy because I'm lonely.'
Loneliness is adding to the stress from your work dilemma

What is positive about going to Arkansas?
Most of your friends are moving to Arkansas ~ and you find it hard to make new friends.
You think that you might have a good chance of getting a job with Dilliards and doing well there.
You think that Arkansas may be full of social opportunities.

What is negative about going to Arkansas?
You would have to leave your great job with all its potential for a great career.
You don't actually know, for definite, that Dilliards have a job for you
You might get stuck writing software, or doing something else, that you don't want to do.
You risk leaving a fantastic job and going to one where you are not happy.

More from me in a while ...
[/color]

Last edited by PDM; 01/23/08 01:16 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.