I personally think that arranging to feed your own soul - and those whom you love - is more important than "decorating" to fit into someone else's sense of style, or what some potential buyer will like. Right now it is your home. You decide. And if it feels right to you, it is beautiful. If it is not to someone else, than maybe they are out of balance.

I remember that the home that Marge and I remodeled and decorated to include both her presence and mine was admired by almost everyone who entered the home. Yet, the realtors all thought it should be different when we wanted to sell.

And of course the designers on the tv shows always think that the colors are wrong! You must take out the bright colors and put in neutral colors. Ha! Yet, on the shows where they are recommending styles for you in a remodel, notice they want to go with bright, cheerful colors. I think it is often like fashion - gotta change every year so someone can make money.

As for your glee watching your hubby and sons searching for cups and cereal and the like, maybe it's good payback. <grin> Marge tells how she would look in the freezer for a tupperware container of cookies and find nothing but crumbs! Or a jug of drink put back in the refrigerator with less than a swallow left. Other examples, but I'm sure you're familiar with the picture.

Marge is the love of my life.