Laughing about the jeans. The guy keeps thinking, "I'll just drink a few less beers, and get started on those exercises, and then these jeans will be fine."

A real motivational tool for the guy is - buy him a pair of jeans or trousers that are a size too big. Then he has the choice of too-tight or falling down. May not solve the wardrobe problem, but it will definitely motivate him to take action (on the waist size, or on getting some more trousers in his current waist size).

We have a stack of towels (the kind that are not the best) for washing the vehicles and for wiping the brow when I'm mowing or loppping brush or working on our property.

Think choices - just like you do with kids.

As for your situation, PDM, sometimes that's all you can do.

Now, in our house, mostly Marge cooks, and I clean up and keep the d/w loaded, run, or unloaded. But I sometimes cook - especially omelets and other situational items.

And Marge mostly does the laundry. But she's good about starting the washer, and I'll notice, and put them in the dryer, and then fold the clothes. But sometimes I'll do the laundry - especially if she's working.

If a guy is allowed to complain, one thing that I notice: when I take off my clothes, I try to turn them right side out before putting them in the dirty clothes area. And when I take clothes from the dryer, I'll turn any clothes right side out before folding (or hanging) them. But Marge will just fold them as she finds them.

So when I put my clothes away, I won't know sometimes which are undershirt tees and which are my working outside tees.

But, that's really not a very big complaint.

As I said before, you compromise. Or you learn to look the other way. Or, I guess, you can always get even. But I wouldn't advise that for the males (or SOs).

Marge says I am fond of dangling my feet in the piranha-infested waters, but I'm not going to deliberately put my head in there.

Marge is the love of my life.