Here's the background. I met my girlfriend over the summer and we have been going out for just over 3 months. The only thing is I am 20 and she is 25. I'm away at college, 300 miles away, or about a 5 hour drive, so we only get to see each other about two times a month. This has been for two months now. She is a nurse and works full time back home. She is still living with her parents, but plans on moving into an apartment with some good friends of hers by January. So saving up means less trips to see me, hence see can only get out here one weekend a month and I go see her one weekend. We defiantly have our fights over the phone (typical in a long distance relationship), but they get resolved within a few days. We also have great convos. I know it's hard on her because she needs someone, and I can't be there. I will be at school for about two more years, minus the month winter breaks and about three month summer vacations. I love her to death and I believe she is "the one."

Just an hour or two ago she tells me over the phone, she cheated on me. frown We talk about it and all they did was make out. She feels terrible, and, well, I have no idea what to think. She said she could never lie to me, which is why she told me. I know she loves me. What happened was her and some friends went to the bar last weekend and some guy who knew my GF started talking to her and then talked her friends into going back to his place to drink some more. Then eventually my girlfriend and her two friends (who are going out and have been together for a few years; a straight couple), go back to his place. They continue drinking and after a while this guy tells my GF's friends that they can sleep in an extra bedroom, which they go into. So this guy takes my GF into his room and she tells him that she has a boyfriend, me, and that she did not want to do anything and did not know what his intentions were. So I guess my GF's one friend gets suspicious and goes into this guy's room and sees them both in there just standing, no doing anything, she yells at my GF because she knows that my GF was going out with me and that how could my GF just go into some other guys room. After my GF and her friend argue for a while her friends leave and take a taxi home. My GF was really upset because her friend was yelling at her and I guess this guy was talking to her comforting her and one thing leads to another and he makes out with her (he initiated the kiss). What my GF tells me is that she let it happen (I believe she was drunk). So she ends up sleeping there and leaving before he wakes up. The only thing they did was kiss for a little, and then she felt bad so did nothing else.

What she tells me is that she doesn't deserve me, and that I can do much better. She still loves me but feels terrible. Like I said before, I love her sooooo much and really want to be with her. She thinks we should break up because I deserve better, like I said, and that I will never look at her the same again or wont trust her. I know she did not mean to do it and is not the cheating type.

I am so confused. (What I'm telling myself is that, I want to be with her, and that it was only a kiss) How can I convince her to stay with me and that I don't care? Or let me know your opinion.

Sorry for rambling, my mind's just in a million places right now, and on top of that I have a project due tomorrow worth 20% of my grade and it's only half done.

Thanks for your input, it's really appreciated right now!