Hi, I'm seeking some advice from the world abt this thing that is driving me crazy. This girl in my class sits next to me n we got along pretty well since sch started. Abt a month ago, after she presumably rejected someone who confessed his feelings for her, she started being more friendly towards me. I dunno if it can be considered flirting, but sometimes we were so close that I am only one step away from putting my arms around her. I resisted because I'm too shy to do somtin so daring, plus it doesnt feel right as we were not an item or anytin.. Seeing our playing and demeanor, we were actually mistaken for a couple more than once.

She's an open-minded gal who have more guy friends than gal friends and I have a feelin that I'll die of jealousy if we get together, though I reckon I'll have to live with that now.. ever since I found myself liking her more and more.

The problem is that she'd told me abt 2 different guys she likes in her other circles of friends presently. She would talk abt them from outta nowhere and I would nod or chat on when in my heart I really dun wanna know how this guy is making her laugh on msn last night.

I dearly wanna know why she keeps tellin me abt e guys she likes, yet still behave as if I may have a chance with her by being so close to me. The thought to just ask her this did cross my mind, but I dun wanna jeopardize our friendship too, because a confession would risk awkwardness in future. I read that some gals are 'chronic flirts' who are just out to get attention, but I dun wanna believe that of her.

One way or another, I know I'll be heartbroken if I go for it and she ends up to be just 'trying out' or worse, using me for reasons like schoolwork. If I chase a girl, I would be committing 100% to her, thus I'd really like to know where I stand now.. Btw, she must already know that I do like her from the gifts and small things that I did, so I cant understand why she is telling me abt other guys that she liked while acting like I'm one of them myself. Is she tryin to spite me or reject me?

Oh dam.. this post is long.. sorry for my long windedness : )