Hello J.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems again.

And I agree with all the other comments on here

You say that your Mum is ill.
What is the matter with her?
What does she do?
Is she having any treatment for her problem?

Why is your Mum angry at you?
What is she actually 'yelling' about?
Does she get out much?
Does she have friends?

Would it be possible for you all to have family counselling?

At least you have your Dad and your psychologist to talk to ~ and us!

As for your Dad, it must be a huge worry to him that your mother is ill and knowing that you are so stressed that you need to see a psychiatrist. And he has to go to work. He is only human. He probably isn't getting enough sleep, if I'm guessing correctly. When men can't cope, they often retreat into themselves. It may appear that he is ignoring you, but I think that it is probably just a coping mechanism for him, so that he can stay well enough to look after you.

He has arranged counselling for you and he lets you telephone him at work ~ that's an option that wouldn't be available to many young people. I know it's hard, but just try to find the positive in all this.

One reason that teenage years are difficult, is that kids are going through a hormonal time and their Mums are often going through a hormonal time too. Add in health problems, and that is a recipe for the stresses that you are experiencing.

How long is it until you will be able to go off to college?
Are you able to go to the summer camps, etc, that I see in a lot of American TV shows?

Is there a youth club, or sports club, homework club, or anything, that you could join, so that you are tied up at weekends and have some time away from your parents?

Do you have any relatives or friends, who you could stay with, for a break?

There are some things that you can try. They might make you feel highly emotional, but they might get rid of some of your anger, despair and frustration. You could ask your psychiatrist about them:

~ Punch a pillow or cushion ~ make sure that it is strong but soft.
~ Slap the wall with a wet (not dripping wet) towel ~ don't let the floor get wet and slippery, or you could get into trouble.
~ Write a letter, as Brittanie suggested, with all your concerns in it, and then destroy it.

I agree, in theory, about patience, but theory and practice are not the same. Does your psychiatrist realise how bad you feel?
Pudgie's Mom may be right about asking 'your psychologist to step in.'

Try to ride this out. When you are just a little older, things will most likely improve. smile

There is usually someone on the forum to talk to, so put your thoughts on here if it helps. I hope that it does. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.