Niki, I hope things get better for you dear!

I too have been very stressed about debt. My parents were both ruined by debt in their twenties. When they divorced, my dad filed for bankruptcy, my mom didn't. Both have been doing badly since. Neither owns their home, my dad is deep in dbt again and my mom cant even open a bank account. I swore I would never end up that way. I have 3 credut cards now, and a total of almost $1,300.00 credit card debt. I guess its not so bad compared to a lot of people, but for me its really scary. And I really dont use the cards for extravagant or frivilous things - thats the food on my family's table. In addition, my uncle has loaned me $3,500.00 in the past two years, $1,700 of which I still owe and I havent been able to pay himat all lately. I am behind on some of my bills, too. Im hoping for a good tax refund so I can pay off some of this mountain of debt. I'm only 18 years old for God's sake!

Earlier this year I was doing a lot better. My boyfriend and I got an apartment in September, and he was laid off his job 2 days into the move frown. To compensate, I had to leave my job (which I loved) and take a higher paying job that I dont like. My boyfriend watches my daughter durign the day because daycare is almost as much as my rent. Once spring comes, he should have his job back (construction) and we plan on working to pay off soem debt and save up money to buy a house within the next year or two.

The whole point of my long story is that we work together. There are times when I wish I could stay home, and he wishes he could be out being the breadwinner, but after a lot of fighting and problems due to his depression, we have both found that helping and supporting each other is getting us through this hard time. Sure, its difficult, but in the end, what is really important? You, your health, you well being, and the health and well being of the ones you love. If you and your husband can work together on this, instead of fighting, you will find you are a lot happier and that the glass may begin to look half full again.

Is there any way you can get a part time job? How is your health? May I ask what it is that is wrong? Is there anything you could do from home? Even a hobby, as someone else suggested, may help you feel better, and if you are doing better, it will most likely improve yoru relationship with your husband. Please let us know how it is going, and you can always PM me if you need to talk to someone.

Take care.

Maggie

~ Maggie
Mama to Juliana Elise (03/07), Wesley Dominick (06/10) and four feathered 'tielbabies!