I had some trouble with my parents a while back when I was younger than you. I went to counseling and felt marvelously better because I thought things were going to change. I thought my parents wouldn't be so crazy anymore. I thought they weren't going to make threats and argue at night and say terrible things that should never be said to a child. Guess what? That didn't happen. They still act crazy. They've toned down their insanity a bit, but I never know when they're going to say something awful. They've made me get rid of my budgies a few times over the years, always repealing all the 'no more pets' decrees. Ironically enough, at times the only reason I could think of not to commit suicide was so that my pets would be taken care of to my satisfaction. My parents may have failed me, but that's no reason for me to fail my pets.
The point is your mom is crazy and she will do what she will do. You have to be the one who changes. You have to take life one step at a time. Your parents have let you down and they'll do it again. You just need to try not to care about what she says. You need to react differently. I'm not saying it is ok for your mom to act as she does. It's not. It's wrong. I'm saying you can't control that, but you can control yourself.
I avoided my parents and ignored their arguments. If my mom says my dad's mad about something, who cares? What can I do about it? How will worrying help? They used to take the car away. I bought my own. They kicked me out for a few days, when they changed their minds, I refused to come back until they agreed to go to counseling. They say I can't have pets, fine, they can stay elsewhere. You need to learn how to be the one sane person in the house.
I had a counselor who also had trouble with her parents. She spent a lot of time at the library. When college came around, she had good grades and went to a college far away. She landed a job and didn't have to deal with her parents on their terms anymore. My older sister moved out too.
Something that might not work, but is worth a try is to give a misresponse. Basically, if she's yelling at you, she expects you to respond in a certain way (yell back, cry, etc.) and then she'll keep going. Don't take the bait. When my mom talks about negative things, I ignore it. I don't reward that behavior. When she talks about good things, I engage in a discussion with her. I'm not saying this will solve the problem, but maybe it'll help a little bit. Maybe, if your mom is yelling, you can act very concerned, "You sound stressed, what can I help you with?" or something else she doesn't expect. She might resist yelling because it sounds really crazy to yell at someone offering help. If she yells at you for not doing the dishes, apologize and go do them. How is she going to respond to that? At the very least she'll be confused and hopefully silent for a minute. Here's a trick I learned in counseling the phrase, "You're right." nine times out of ten gets people to SHUT UP. I read it in a book and tried it on a counselor who was telling me that I needed to do something differently. She responded, "I think I am." and moved on.
I'm sorry that you are having a difficult time, I really am. I went through it too, I still am since I still live at home. You need something healthy to get your mind off of this. Journal writing does help. Talking to people helps. I wish parents didn't do such a good job of screwing up good kids, but they know how to get you where it hurts. All you can do is develop a thicker skin and adapt.