We were pretty close friends last semester. We always did everything together, studied, had lunch, after class practice, etc. The whole class saw us as best friends. However, towards the end of the semester, I noticed that she only called me when she needs help, or she’d ask me a bunch of favors in class…mainly from her irresponsibility (forgot to do homework, forgot pen/paper, download lecture, didn’t bring her book, etc.) Of course, I always helped her, but I also told her to be more responsible. She was having quite a lot of trouble during that semester (even wanted to drop), but I’d call & comfort her a lot. We had a long break after the first semester. She said she’d call & we should hang out cuz she “owes” me a lot. I was not expecting her to return my help or anything, but seriously not a call to even say “hi” in 3 months. Fast forward to this semester – we’re pretty much very distant. I guess she has found her new “best friend” (who she disliked the most last semester) since they’ve been doing their training at the same place. She pretty much only "talks" to me nowadays when she needs a ride home. She lives about 1 mile from my new house, it’s not far but definitely messes up my shortcut leaving from school (which ends up taking me an extra of probably 10 minutes to drop her off). Now she keeps asking me to give her a ride home every week 3 times in a row already. It’s not that she doesn’t have a car. She does, but for some reason “doesn’t have time” to find a parking & walk to our class on time like everybody else in our class (& I know her schedule b4 class). I really don't want to give her a ride anymore, but how do I say no? Sorry for such a long post. I just needed to vent cuz this is starting to get on my nerves! I'm a very nice & friendly person, but it xxxxx when people start taking advantage of my niceness.

Last edited by PDM; 03/11/09 09:17 AM.