First of all, welcome to the forums! Whether you stay or not, I hope your time here gives you what you were looking for.

Did you ask him why he doesn't feel ready for marriage? Try asking him what his qualifications for marriage are, you might get an answer!

From my experience, I told my now husband right off the bat that I was not waiting as long as he wanted to (5-7 years? Please...) to get married. I wasn't that kind of girl, I wanted commitment way before then. I gave him 3, well I got 4, good enough. His thing was stability, he wanted to have a job and money. A huge guy thing that never really ever happens until their at career age, and we aren't.

Anywho..

From my experience, a woman can influence a man to get married sooner, and can't. There are ways to influence him that aren't nice that sometimes work.. but I think the best way to do this is to find out why he doesn't feel he's ready. You can guess (oh I don't cook good enough, we don't have enough money, etc etc) but you can't know and can't help if you don't know.