Wow, what a nice collection of answers! I will start trying to answer them as a total. I am 21 engaged for one year to the love of my life...errr past 10 years living in PA. Justin is behind me, and supports our decision of no children. My Birth defect is (small chance) heriditary. But my mental prblems are much greater a issue. I had my first panic attack on November 24 2004 i was 16. I know this because my first nephew was born on this date. Prior to that i have alreay cut and burned myself for about ...5 years.. yeah. 5. On november 24 of that year things umm, went major down hill.

I went to about 30 doctors in a few months who probed me and poked me, only to send me to a new doctor. They blamed things on my birth defect on other issues...anything to get me out of their office. I know that had my mother listened to me, things would have been treated better at that time. Fast forward to the past 2 years. I have attempted suicide twice, been hospitalized three times, and have had severe withdrawl from my perscriptions just to be put on new stronger ones. ff to now, and i am "healed" but some scars will never heal. I have a severe sensitivity to any kind of loud persistant sound. (you can leave a keet in their cage and go outside and sit. a baby you cannot.) I cannot handle any kind of stress or demand put on me. to some extent yes, but i need to plan my day. I wake at 630 andi could give you a minute by minute run down of what i do, and when.

I baby sit my sisters kids and almost always have a panic attack, i cannot handle the stress and the OCD worrys that they place on me. Children are a blessing YES but for me, i know would ruin my patched together life. I feel i would hurt myself, and lord grant only my self!

I just found out last year that i could have children. My entire life i was raised being told by all the doctors i could not carry a child to term. Also i just started a sexual relationship around the same time. So imagine that bomb being dropped OMG.

Women have children to fullfil a need, or to bring together/ complete a family. I trust Maslows needs very much. I always ask how can i care for a baby if somedays i am so depressed i cannot leave my bed. How can i care for a child when i am still in basic needs. (more info) http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~davidt/self-actualisation.htm

I often think about when i am "healed" when i am no longer depressed etc. I feel i will still have the same thoughts. I never ever wanted children, my sister has 5 i can borrow one of them for a night LOL. Also pets give me the "returned" love that i feel a child (even just a little?) would.

New pics soon smile