Hello! I'm in my early 20s, and I recently met a guy about 3 months ago who is my same age. We've talked almost every day since we met but did not date at first becasue I had just gotten out of a relationship. We have alot in common, and i'm very attracted to him. For the first time in a long time, I get the "butterflies" in my stomach feeling, and I can actually see myself with him. He's made me so happy even though we aren't a couple. He has told me repeatedly how beautiful of a person he thinks I am and how much he likes me. Sounds great right?

Well, here is the problem. He has a little bit of a past and has a son from a previous relationship. The mother has nothing to do with the child, so he raises the kid with the help of his family. I think having a child has made him grow up alot. I've never dated anyone before with a kid, so this is all new to me. I feel that I can probably look past the fact that he has a son and is only 20 years old. I'm worried though that my conservative family will not accept it and will try to force me not to see him. We aren't officially dating yet, because i'm not sure what to do. Should I try this out or just move on and be his friend? And if I do decide to date him, what would be a good way to break the news to my family or to make them be more accepting? I know i'm young, and there are plenty of guys my age who don't have children that I could date. I'm just so confused and don't want to upset my family! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by southernbelle07; 10/31/09 06:30 AM.