I'm not exactly sure of what I do to stay grounded, but I do know that "ranting" or Venting", even though it is said by some that it is good for you, to blow off steam, does not make me feel better. It makes me not feel good about myself, because while venting, you say things that you possibly don't mean, you might say mean things to someone that you can't take back.

IMO, the spoken word is a powerful thing. I believe that once you say a thing out loud, it puts it out in the universe. That may cause reverbrations (?) (not sure if this is the right word) like for every action there is a re-action, to put it simply. And if this is someone you care about, they might forgive you but probably never forget it!

So self control is important to me. I work on that and talk to myself about it, like, "think about that first" or OKOKOKOK!, just keep quiet dont say that don't say anything till I've thought it out sleep on it! It's hard and I can't always manage it, but it works for me.

Excersise your brain. To hone your skills to focus, to think differently, in a way that makes you feel good about yourself.
When you feel good about yourself, other people feel good about you.

Last edited by tweetymom; 11/05/09 07:09 AM.

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin