Oh I can relate to that completely! I used to be a very avid book hoarder. We had book shelves filling every room, stacked with tons and tons of books. I am surprised the floors didn't begin to buckle.

I had to be VERY harsh with myself and start giving away books to libraries. I reminded myself I could go borrow them any time I wanted to. And this way other people could read them too.

Now that being said we still have MANY bookcases left in the house. Four in my bedroom. Three in Bob's room. Another 3 in James' room. Three in my office. So obviously the problem is not gone. It's a slow process. So for example I have webpages on Philip K Dick (an awesome sci-fi writer) and I get questions on his books fairly often so I keep those as a reference library, and I love to read them. So I probably won't let those go. I have a lot of wine books that are a reference library for my wine site. We have every book by Robert B Parker ("Spenser for Hire") and I have a large set of pages on those books. I have a lot of classics - Jane Austen, Bronte, Frost, that sort of thing. I re-read those so it's unlikely I can let those go.

So I still have work to do.

Lisa Shea, Owner