Every person certainly has the right to feel the way they wish about things. So I would never say that a person's point of view is wrong.

I have been trying to imagine if there was a place I would simply never want to go. So - thinking outside the box - say there was a dog slaughter facility in the Philippines. Say that - legally - all day long they slaughtered dogs. Now say for some reason Bob decided to set up a house there right in the center of it all. Every time I went to see Bob, I would be surrounded by dogs being slain.

I could understand telling Bob that I simply had to refuse to see him there. That I loved him dearly, and I really wanted to see him, but that something deep inside me prevented me from going to that location. That I hated having to make that choice but that it would disturb me for the rest of my life to have to do that.

So. I can see the situation being *possible*. I can see there being a situation - albeit a very unlikely one - which would cause me to have that feeling.

From there I suppose it gets into a "degrees of pain" issue. If Bob simply got an apartment in New York City - a location which is way too loud and busy and scary for me - it would bother me a lot to see him, but I would struggle through it.

Lisa Shea, Owner