I agree completely that I would find it hard to see Sedona in any way as a "hostile to me" place. But again, we cannot change him so if he honestly says he feels that way, we have to take that.

There seem to be several main options here.

* Stay with him, follow him. Become an army wife, travel around with him, always on the go, to places he finds to be attractive. This would seem to be most places in the US except the southwest? A portion will have hiking. A portion will be flat. What you should do in this case is get a large map and have both of you mark out the places you DO want to go. See where they intersect.

* Stay with him, but don't follow him. Again, make the map. See what your most ideal location would be that still falls within his range. You might come up with somewhere you really love that still is OK with him. You set up base there. he roams around and comes back to you as a home base. You get stability, and visits, as well as periods of solitude. He gets to explore.

* Do not stay with him. You can set up your home base wherever is the ultimate most ideal for you, build a community, and go from there.

Lisa Shea, Owner