Dan is not especially happy with my composting, and it's certainly an issue. I have a very nice bin in the kitchen for our food wastes. When It fills I add it to the compost bin outside.

The issue is that he finds it annoying to have to open the lid and add the kitchen wastes to our bucket, rather than just tossing things into the trash. He doesn't like having to make new habits and he doesn't like the smell of the rotting foods when he opens the bucket lid.

It means so much to me, however, that he is starting to be okay with it. In Crestline, it was easy: we just tossed food off the back deck into the forest. Here I am working on having us do it properly, to create nice rich compost instead of just letting things decompose.

Of course, now that we are moving into the RV again, everything is once more changing. We went for a hike today and I told dan that I am going to stick to my guns this time and compost somehow in the RV. He was actually amenable! He suggested creating some kind of compost bin on the platform on the back of the RV bumper. I am very excited he's coming on board with this.

We even discussed the Doggy Dooley idea (decomposing - not composting but breaking down) for dog poops. At this point dog doo is the largest single component of our actual trash. So we are thinking of setting up a system with enzymes in a bucket for that on the RV platform.

If you don't mind my asking, Lisa, what is the main concern with Bob in the composting arena? It's possible a worm bin (vermicomposting) might be the solution for you instead.