Okay, so I've finally made it to that college stage in my life, and it's been great. I ended up meeting a very nice guy at a service project and since then have proceeded to get to know him well. I spend hours in his room, hanging out, watching tv, and playing video games occasionally. When I'm there it's usually with other people, but sometimes not. Often I make myself at home on his bed, and he only smiles. When we talk it's total eye contact and occasionally he catches me looking and we look for a while then look away. I've been touching him too, as in brushing my arm against his, leg against his and when I sit next to his chair I lean against it, occasionally leaning my head on his arm. Sometimes he pulls away, but often he does not move. I pat his back, and his arm, and occassionally his knee, but he rarely initiates in flirting that I can tell.

Often I initate the contact and he'll let it go, but he never touches me on his own except on the rare occasion. Is he just being shy or afraid I'll reject him?!

I don't understand, there are other flirting signs too, but he sometimes does the 'aniti-flirt' thing too! I really like this guy, and would like to have a relationship with him, but these mixed signals are confusing...How can I tell for sure if he likes me without asking outright?