RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Ok then maybe my first boyfrind was a chinese boy in my grade 1 class he always picked the painting easel next to me a walked with me home and he shared his crayons.

LOL Oh if only it was still just so simple .

A
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
Awe..., I'm whipped for about 4 (years), 3 (months)...now and it keeps getting better. Though, we share ups, downs, lefts, rights and spirals..., we still managed to get through and our bond...got so much stronger...and it's getting indestructable.

I've been with her 12/30/03 and I'm still with this ball of...everything!!! This is my baby girl, Zina... Oh, my name's Emil, by the way! 0=]

Last edited by AyEe Y0o; 03/12/07 05:29 AM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
This leads to an interesting question ~ one that I have discussed with my husband.

At what age can you fall in love? How young can you be to be truly in love, as opposed to just being friends of different genders? Obviously, the relationship won't (shouldn't) develop as an adult one might, but that isn't what I am asking about.

Both my husband and I had a girlfriend / boyfriend at a young age. I was nine; he was younger.

I didn't even hold hands with my boyfriend, we just spent time together, but he wasn't just a male friend, he was special. Those times hold a special place in my memories of childhood. The feelings I had for him all those years ago were real ~ I still know that now.

And my husband agrees that his love for his child~girlfriend were real.

Of course, as youngsters mature earlier, these kind of first loves can indeed develop into something more ~ something that doesn't really seem right for children ~ and we see girls as young as 11, say, having babies.

So, that was my first boyfriend at age 9; my second boyfriend was when I was 18 ~ and that's who I married.

I did once go to a dance with one boy, and went to youth-club with another, and there were lots of boys in our group of friends, etc, who I spent a fair amount of time with, but they were male friends, not boyfriends. I made sure that they knew this, as well. I wouldn't go 'out' with a boy I just liked, unless he knew that there was no chance of him being my boyfriend. And generally I chose not to go at all.

One boy, who just gave me a lift to a works function (Saturday job), assumed that, because I had gone somewhere with him, I must be going out with him. And he told everyione that I was his new girlfriend. That came as a bit of a surprise. It surprised him, too, when my friend told him that I had just started going out with someone ~ the someone I married 27 years ago.

Last edited by PDM; 04/15/07 02:28 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
I think you can truly be in love in your teenage years.

My aunt had her first boyfriend at 16 and he was 17. He was a senior and she was a junior but they stayed together when he went off to college. They got married just out of college and now have 3 boys and have been married for 13 years. He was her first and only boyfriend and they fell in love when she was 16.

smile

Kiwi*8-23-05
Blueberry*9-9-06
Gizmo*11-11-06
Ollie*4-7-07
Soulmate
Soulmate
This IS an interesting question. Hmmm...

My first boyfriend, could have been when I was 6 or 7, cus I thought he was cute, and we talked at recess, lol, actually, I could have had several boyfriends that year, all in the same class at the same time, they sort of took a number. Or it could have been when I was 12, and he was 16, we "hung out", but never dated.

I've had crushes, gone out, dated, but was never in-love.

Well, if you are talking about being "in-love", I didn't fall in-love until way past the teenage years. I was always told by my friends that I was "in-love" with the idea of love, but never in-love with anyone. This is so true.

It wasn't until I met my husband, that I finally fell in-love. And I love him whole heartedly. In 3 months we'll be married 7 years.

I wonder what it would have been like to fall in-love while being a teen-ager, but I am very happy with how things did turn out for me, that I didn't fall in-love till I met my husband.
smile

Last edited by Birdie Menagerie; 03/12/07 08:51 PM.

1EleanorRigby

True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: PDM
One boy, who just gave me a lift to a works function (Saturday job), assumed that, because I had gone somewhere with him, I must be going out with him. And he told everyione that I was his new friend. That came as a bit of a surprise. It surprised him, too, when my friend told him that I had just started going out with someone ~ the someone I married 27 years ago.

LOL Good for you PDM. grin

Emmit

RIP Jayka and Grayson
Best Friend
Best Friend
wow. i have my first boyfriend now and i am 12...so ya laugh LOL

I ♥ my tiel Dip. Isn't he the cutest?
Regular
Regular
Let's see...My first 'boyfriend' was in 1st grade and then we went to different schools for 2 yrs and needless to say I forgot about him...until about 3 months into our 4th grade year. I kept wondering why he was following me around at recess! Can anyone guess my hair color? smile After I figured it out, I told him I really didn't want to be his girlfriend anymore and he jumped on me and made me twist my ankle! I guess that's why it took me until high school before I had another boyfriend!!

Each bird you encounter brings a new light to your life.

Sunny-2-28-07
Sky-2-28-07
Honey-3-16-07
Best Friend
Best Friend
wow!!! now thats....just... wow!!!

lol .. did you recover fully?.. i know its just a twist..but i hate that stuff. never happend to me yet

I ♥ my tiel Dip. Isn't he the cutest?
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That's odd. Have you ever said anything to him since then?

Emmit

RIP Jayka and Grayson
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site