Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

This Ad Supports Charity
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#182838 - 05/18/07 04:59 PM Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats [Re: PDM]
d rhodes Offline

33??? My aunt just got married, and she is 38. 33 would be considered about average.

Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Twitter Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Facebook Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to MySpace Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Del.icio.us Digg Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Yahoo My Web Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Google Bookmarks Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Stumbleupon Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Reddit
#182998 - 05/19/07 05:12 AM Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats [Re: PDM]
Princess_Destiny Offline
Regular

There's most likely nothing wrong with you that's making you stay single. Who knows what tomorrow or next year has in store.. maybe one day you'll be looking back thinking it just took a little longer to find someone to be with and it was well worth it.

Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Twitter Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Facebook Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to MySpace Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Del.icio.us Digg Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Yahoo My Web Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Google Bookmarks Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Stumbleupon Add Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats to Reddit
#182999 - 05/19/07 05:12 AM Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats [Re: Princess_Destiny]
Princess_Destiny Offline
Regular

Oh.. and statistics show people who get married under the age of 25 usually get divorced.. so now you've got that on your side.. always look for the bright side smile

#183007 - 05/19/07 05:44 AM Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats [Re: Princess_Destiny]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Princess_Destiny
Oh.. and statistics show people who get married under the age of 25 usually get divorced.. so now you've got that on your side.. always look for the bright side smile

Usually???
Wow!!!

My parents married under 25, after a whirlwind romance, and stayed married until my father died, nearly 50 years later.

My husband and I were under 25 when we married. We met in late 1974 and have been together since January 1975.

So it's not all doom and gloom for those who marry young.

However, there is that old adage ~ marry in haste; repent at leisure.

Young love seems to be so wonderful that not everyone really considers the seriousness of marriage before entering into it.

#183008 - 05/19/07 05:48 AM Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats [Re: PDM]
Princess_Destiny Offline
Regular

I know I was in shock when I heard that. Basically everyone in my family married young. My aunt married my uncle when she was SIXTEEN. They're in their late 40's not, still going great! Statistics also show that couples who live together first are more likely to get divorced. I don't get that at ALL.. I mean they know more of what they're getting into when they get into it that way, seems to me they would be more likely not to get divorced.

#183009 - 05/19/07 05:49 AM Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats [Re: Princess_Destiny]
Princess_Destiny Offline
Regular

You married a year after you met? Aww.. how long were you engaged?

#183033 - 05/19/07 07:55 AM Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats [Re: Princess_Destiny]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

You married a year after you met? Aww.. how long were you engaged?

Not quite!

We met at college in late 1974; started going out together in January 1975; got engaged in 1979 (unofficially in Lanzarote that Summer; officially in September, on my 23rd birthday) and got married in June 1980.

#183037 - 05/19/07 08:00 AM Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats [Re: Princess_Destiny]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

...Statistics also show that couples who live together first are more likely to get divorced. I don't get that at ALL.. I mean they know more of what they're getting into when they get into it that way, seems to me they would be more likely not to get divorced.

I've heard that too, but I wonder .. you know how some couples have babies, in the hope that it will make an iffy marriage better? Perhaps some co-habitors get married for similar reasons?? confused

#183042 - 05/19/07 08:05 AM Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats [Re: PDM]
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate

Loc: North Carolina
My parents got married when they were both 30, so 33 is only 3 years after. And besides, with your personality, Coco's Mama, you'll find someone who will want to marry you. smile

Edited by 3budgies (05/19/07 08:06 AM)

RIP Jayka and Grayson

#183046 - 05/19/07 08:09 AM Re: I will be single forever and have to buy many cats [Re: Stephen]
LoRaXspeek4keets Offline
Soulmate

Loc: NY
wow--the title of this topic sounds like me exactly. i guess i'm only 19 so i still have time...right?? :P but my mom and dad had already met by now--they met in the first few weeks of college, and here i had a boyfriend, but he was a puff (that's me avoiding swearing jaja). AND he was my first boyfriend! i have such great luck. yep, i'm dying alone. i should change my display name to catlady now, just so that that's all nice and established. frown

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
Today at 05:49 PM
A Sense of Duty
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Into The Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 05:42 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/28/14 02:47 PM
Perfect FREE Summer reading!
by Lisa Shea
07/26/14 03:21 AM
Help Talking on the phone with a girl
by shooting_star_ga
07/19/14 03:04 PM
Himalayan Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/18/14 09:21 AM
Do You Think about Breaking Up?
by baba ijebu
07/02/14 12:18 AM
Girl in college class
by baba ijebu
07/01/14 11:16 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors