Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: poppy
dont worry i have been single for a year and a half and no lad will look at me and dont no why

I think a lot depends on one's age.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
A young junior at work is thinking life is passing her by as she doesn't have a partner - she's only 17. As we tell her, enjoy your life while you're still young, you have your entire life ahead of you.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I agree with you Aerial, but at 17, without a boyfriend when all her friends are dating, she probably feels that there must be something wrong with her. It's understandable, even if it isn't sensible in the long term.

Best Friend
Best Friend
I've heard it said that 30 is the new 20. wink

But I understand the feeling. My two cousins are married, one married at 18, the other 20-something. My best girl friend married at 19 and has a little one. And maybe I'm relatively young, but it sure feels like I'm running out of time. My pastor even asks me when I'm gonna get married! And that's scary.

I guess my biggest fear is being an unmarried pastor. All hope of dating after that goes out the window!

Don't lose hope though, there so many great stories of people in their 30-somethings get married and being so happy. You're more mature, mature enough to make a wise decision. Better a wise desicion, than a hasty one that ends in a lifetime of regret.

Last edited by Niki; 06/05/07 05:56 AM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Niki
I've heard it said that 30 is the new 20. wink

Me too.

Quote:
... Better a wise decision, than a hasty one that ends in a lifetime of regret.

And that is indeed very true ~ and very good advice.

L
Soulmate
Soulmate
L
"this entire thread"

^^^i know, i know, but...

i want man frown

(i'm not generally known for my patience)

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes Lora, but you want a really nice man, who cares about you, whom you trust. The best things are definitely worth waiting for.

When Mr Right comes along you will be so pleased that you didn't settle for Mr Wrong. I bet he's just around the corner ~ or maybe right before your very eyes & you hadn't noticed him!

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Lora are you sure you want a man, maybe you want the "idea" of a man....I know I fall into that category alot cos' when I find one that seems nice , later I am like what was i thinking he is a dorkus...it's that darn " idea" of dating someone and being able to say I am not alone , someone cars that gets you everytime.LOL

L
Soulmate
Soulmate
L
lol--yeah, i do that too sometimes :P

and yes, PDM, your are right--better to be patient than sorry frown

H
H
Hi there, I agree 33 isn't old at all. I'm going to be 31 in a month and also fear that I will live alone amongst a plethera of feline companions. Well.. uh.. that's not really alone, but I'm sure you get the point. I unfortunately have a head start with the cat, one cat. As for Eharmony, It's a great idea, but so darn expensive. My fear of being alone stems from the fact that I used to weigh 400 lbs and underwent gastric bypass. I lost 200 lbs and now have like 40 lbs of skin and fat that just hang. So the fear is that no man is going to want to go out with a blob. Silly, but sadly true.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site