RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
This post is directed to all the ladies but guys feel free to post.

Does the height of a man affect his attractiveness? Would you date a man a lot shorter than you? And whats the deal with 5'2 women dating guys who are 6'4? "peace"

V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
My opinion is that for some ladies - height really matters - the guy has got to be taller than them or its a no-go from the start.
And some women would not date a short guy even if they themselves are short.

But other women are not hung up on this at all ..
And then there is the occasional woman who likes a "compact" guy.

Height does matter alot in terms of success in life - I may have to find the stats on this one - but I recall reading that all other things being equal (education, skills, etc), taller men were more likely to get better jobs, promoted quicker, higher salary, come across as more confident, able, etc.

One of the big selling points for Fred Thompson ..soon to be republican candidate for president of the US .. is that he is tall. 6 foot 5 inches. Clinton was/is tall too.

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Well I am only 5 ft tall so everyone seems tall to me.
I know one guy who is maybe only a inch or too taller than me , he is in the reserves, I wouldn't date him but not cos' of his height.
He is getting married to a woman a foot taller than him next year. I think she is a foot taller maybe more I don't even know but I know they are cute together and happy and I can't wait for the wedding.
So not don't really care. However that is just me.

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
My soul mate and wife, Marge, is the same height as me - 5'6". And when she wears heels, she is taller than me. It hasn't been a problem. From the time we first talked and then when I first saw her, I knew we were meant for each other.

Most of my life I've dated and married petite females. But I've never suffered from the small-man syndrome (over compensating by acting "tough").

I guess in terms of money, I haven't been as successful as some. Yet, I've had a very rich life. I'm grateful for all my blessings. I've been kind of a "jack of all trades," and maybe someday I'll use it in writing.

If I had fallen in love with a female much taller than me, I guess slow dancing in public wouldn't have been advisable. And, as a youngster, I resented the tall guys dating the petite girls. But there seemed to be enough left to where I never felt bereft.

I think how you act and how you communicate means more than physical attributes.

Marge is the love of my life.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Exactly any woman worth it will see that, beyond the physical and since I am only 5 ft (that is way under petite FYI I just had some guys bugging me asking me if i was a little person) i can only hope men do to.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
My Dad's family is small & my Mum's is tall, but my Mum is only 5ft 2, so Dad was taller than her at 5ft 6.

I'm about 5ft 3 and my husband is about 5ft 11. I like the fact that he is taller than me, but I don't think that I would have been shallow enough to dismiss him had he been shorter ~ though he would have had to have been pretty small to do that!

My grandmother and her sister were 4ft 11, and the sister has probably got smaller (she is now 90). Her husband was about 5ft ~ they made a very attractive couple.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Friend
Friend
I am 4ft 10 and my husband is 6ft 2. I find it very comforting that he is so much taller than I am. A safe feeling. I dont know why. But my hudband and I are opposites in so many ways so I dont think the height alone is what I am so attracted to. Then again I have never dated any man under 6ft. I dont know why, really.

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.-- Marie Curie
S
Friend
Friend
S
Being around a taller man (who's trusted) is more of a "safe" feeling, but when it comes down to it, it all depends on personality. While a bit awkward at first (to me) I'm really coming to like being the same height as my man. (both 5'6)

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
Regular
Regular
Since I am pretty tall,I have dated guys that are shorter than me.It doesn't mind me,because they were only a few inches shorter than me.Size doesn't matter to me,unless he is extremely overwieght or too skinny.(for some reason I hate skinny guys.I find men who have a little belly on them very attractive.)
lol but then again some women are very shallow,like my sister Abby.

"Life's a beach,and I'm just tanning."
Great Friend
Great Friend
I find that I like guys that are within my height range...

within 3 inches (shorter or taller) is perfect, because we always seem to fit together. I have a friend that's my height (5'4") and her boyfriend is 6'3". They always look so uncomfortable when they "cuddle" because he's so much taller than her. (Here comes a stupid analogy) They seem like 2 puzzle pieces, her from an advanced 1000 piece and him from a toddler's 8 piece. I don't know if that'll make any sense to you guys but... it makes sense in my mind.

so in short, I think people of equal or close to equal heights work (or just for me)

Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site