Next Thread
Print Thread
#169876 04/15/07 03:14 AM
I
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I
Is there any possible way to define love? I know that I'm not in love with my girlfriend, but today she was telling me how this boy in her school who is two years older then both of us asked her out on a date. Luckily she said no and it actually turned out to be a joke from her friend that got her hands on his IM password. But when she was telling me this I felt like I wanted to kill this guy, even though I've never met him. I would never act on that feeling but that is how I know that I really do have feelings for her.

IronFront #169900 04/15/07 04:00 AM
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I love to look over and see my hubby in the morning! I love the way he laughs and makes me laugh! I can't wait to spend time with him! I can't wait to hug and kiss him when he get's home from work! I worry about him when he is gone and miss him like crazy! I can tell him anything in the world and know he will not judge! And even though I have had 4 kids, I am not embarrassed of my body around him.. EVER! I love to watch him play with our kids! I trust him completely with EVERYTHING! I am proud to walk with him places and if I see someone "checking him out" I am proud that he is mine!! smile That is how I define love! smile

Thanks 3budgies for my AWESOME AVATAR!! \:\)
Tulip adopted 3/05/2007
Tweets RIP
Tweets #169936 04/15/07 11:27 AM
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
To me being in love is a very deep and personal emotion,a feeling like no other. Some people think it's about sex but it's far more complex than that.

Love is in the look you can give someone that you care very deeply about, a touch, a caress, a smile. Love can be overlooking those 'little things' and knowing that you'd go to any lengths to be with or help that person. Love is willing to stand by a person when they need you the most.

There are many types of love, the love that a mother has for her child, her partner, her parents, her pets.

When you're apart you think of them and can't wait to see them again.

Love is being there for them to share their happiness, their tears their highs and lows. It's looking to the future knowing that you'll be sharing it with that special someone.

Love should never be taken for granted.

Aerial #198527 07/12/07 12:00 AM
T
Companion
Companion
T
Signs to Notice She's in Love With Me (from my soon-to be-girlfriend back then)/Seen It Happen Among Servicemembers of the Opposite Sex on a Warship:
-She stops by and follows me wherever I go, even at mealtime.
-Constantly calls my workcenter asking for me, which sends gossip signals to my co-workers.
-Our brief conversations last more than 30 min. and we smile and look at each others' eyes while talking.
-Leads me to a private room in her workcenter.
-Everytime someone pops in, there she is with me alone.
-She first turns to me for help before asking for others' help on certain issues.
-More inappropriate contact [first one I first noticed from her was gently grabbing my forearm with her hand (at the sametime caressing it with her thumb) and resting her head on my shoulder when she first congratulated me on something; then went on to other stuff such as squeezing/massaging/spanking and so forth)].
-Conversations become more intimate and personal.
-More compliments about physical features (for example, she quoted to me and squeezed my left bicep="You're a male. With lots of muscles.") How'd she notice? I'm not even that chiseled.
-She always ask me to go with her when we arrive at a liberty port.

Tequila #200909 07/21/07 01:14 AM
T
Companion
Companion
T
-When I'm in her presence, she is more at ease and she gets that gleam in her eye and smile on her face (I react the same way when she is in my presence).
-Kisses me when we bid farewell.
-Compares me to some hero from some romance novels that she enjoys reading.
-Takes and interest in what I am doing whether it's reading or watching movies.

Last edited by Tequila; 07/21/07 01:16 AM.
Tequila #201211 07/22/07 07:13 AM
S
Friend
Friend
S
Love is caring more about somebody else's happiness than your own.

Being able to trust that person 100% with your heart in their hand helps, too.

It has absolutely nothing to do with physical attraction and/or affection.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
sala #201761 07/24/07 02:12 PM
D
D
love is * WHAT U WANT IT 2 BE *...

4 me its acceptance, comfort, spontaneous fun, unspoken trust,the tugging on your heartstrings .. it hurts so good when you in love, sharing & caring ...*better 2 hav loved than not 2 have loved at all*

life can be hard & challenging, & jus wen u think u had enuf...our best chirpy friends comfort us>
debslove #201839 07/24/07 11:10 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi debslove
Yes, I'd go along with all that!

Welcome to the forum! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #202038 07/26/07 12:03 AM
T
Companion
Companion
T
I do care about her happiness and well-being a lot. And,I always stopped by for a chat everyday to cheer her up or socialize. Even when she is stressed, she tells me and I make her feel better. And that was why I was always available to help her,if not, refer her to someone who can help. It was always a pleasure more than a task. Not once have I ignored, refused, or let her down in any way. I never expected anything in return other than friendship and respect. Being 1 rank senior to her, I was more of a mentor. But it became much more than I expected. Even when we were just friends, I just couldn't stop thinking about her no matter how much logic I put into my mind to detach myself from her. Even had problems sleeping w/o thinking or worrying about her. That all started out when she congratulated me on my advancement. We didn't knew each other much back then and our relationship wasn't even that close. One day she approached to congratulate me, I felt her hand on mine and her other hand caressing on my forearm. Her head was also resting on my shoulder. That really got my attention. I thought it was just another touchy-feely female acquaintance. You know,some are like that. But it was just her I barely knew back then and she isn't into giving any affections. Don't get me wrong, I was turned on by her touching and carressing but wondered why she did this to me and no one else. My mind was saying, "What the ....? That's supposed to be what couples do! ". Maybe she wanted a trusted study partner (maybe even more than that) since both of us were working on our surface warfare pins. After that I took an interest in her and she did the same. One day while walking out of the ship into the pier after being released early on a Friday, I asked her if she could go out with me on a weekend. It took a lot of guts. I was nervous too! Showing respect and somewhat ashamed, I couldn't look her in the eye. Even sort of mumbled too! And herself being a classy woman who is shy and not promiscuous I expected a no. But she agreed with a twinkle in her eye and a genuine smile on her face. My eyes widened and I smiled back as I asked her the time and place. And, being helpful and slowly gaining her trust (she found it hard to trust anyone in a relationship since she has been brokenhearted before), was what brought about our relationship. Wished I'd met her in my younger days. Even though we are in our early 30s, some have compared us to a teenage couple since we both look 10 yrs. younger.

Last edited by Tequila; 07/26/07 12:31 AM.
Tweets #203845 08/03/07 01:06 AM
K
Friend
Friend
K
Originally Posted By: Tweets
I love to look over and see my hubby in the morning! I love the way he laughs and makes me laugh! I can't wait to spend time with him! I can't wait to hug and kiss him when he get's home from work! I worry about him when he is gone and miss him like crazy! I can tell him anything in the world and know he will not judge! And even though I have had 4 kids, I am not embarrassed of my body around him.. EVER! I love to watch him play with our kids! I trust him completely with EVERYTHING! I am proud to walk with him places and if I see someone "checking him out" I am proud that he is mine!! smile That is how I define love! smile

Thats it in a nutshell and VERY well put. I feel the same way about my hubby. Awesome isn't it??

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site