Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#216717 09/26/07 01:58 AM
L
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
L
>sniff sniff<

so i've been trying not to let the tyrants upset me so much, but i can't help it. all the stupid games, all the second guessing, all the drama--why? i'm not looking to marry anyone--i just want a boyfriend--you know, someone to have fun with. why is this so bleepin' hard? so that whole thing with that other dude didn't work out--i think he stopped liking me, because we still talk online, but if i mention the 'coffee date' we were supposed to have, he doesn't respond for a really long time. so whatever. there are other fish in the sea, right? well where the heck are they?! i swear, i'm going to go crazy! what should i do (besides calm down teehee blush ) there are guys who i think might be interested, but honestly, i just don't have energy for that whole stupid song and dance--why can't people just be real? i mean, i'm not ugly, right? i shower twice every day and brush my teeth 3 times a day. my hair is always combed, i wash it almost every day, my clothes are clean, i take good care of myself--what the heck?! grrr--i hate men cry

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
The real men are there. Perhaps they, also, don't want to play the games either.

Concentrate on you and what you like to do. Then look at the people you'll meet when you're least expecting it. Maybe guys quite different than what you've been seeing.

And maybe looking different than what you had expected. But striking a chord within - the two of you.

It can happen. At least it did for me.

Marge is the love of my life.
A
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
A
Lora, Lora, Lora....

First of all...you are a young woman and you are not even close to thinking about being in your prime let alone being in it. Relax baby girl!! You are a beautiful young woman; intelligent, articulate and passionate. Chill out...it's going to happen!!

Men aren't bad any more than women are bad. We just don't always meet the right person when we THINK we are ready. Love will come your way...just be patient!!

Adjust your thinking Lora! Go out on dates, be seductive, be passionate, be real! You only have one youth to live, so live it to the max baby girl!! Live it!!

If you are holding out for love...keep waiting, but enjoy the journey along the way! You are a young woman who is ready to experience a lot of things with men. Enjoy that while you can!

You never know when someone totally amazing will come into your life. I have such a woman in my life now and I would never have thought it after 17 years of marriage.

"You can't hurry love, no you just have to wait!"

http://livingstoncooks.blogspot.com/
Perception is reality.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
LORAx , no no no you sound like me when I posted about being 33 and still single and becoming a crazy bird lady.
Well I have calmed down since that post (bad week/month what have you) . Granted meeting people is sooo much harder than when my parents met heck even some of my friends have commented on how just over the last years the stories they hear from the single friends are crazy and they are so glad to be off the field. So this is the situation like it or lump it.
I have now just tossed away thoughts of men and gotten busy with stuff i like and want to do. It seems less important now then when i was flipping out. Also i have decided that I would rather be single then miserable because I got married to some oaf so i can say "look i am normal and married".

Forget it.. you are so much younger than me and school is a great place to meet like minded individuals. Enjoy school, friends,Chi-Chi & nena Zulu and um the other kitty etc... You will be alot happier than mulling mulling mulling what are we cider?!!
Frankie says Relax!

S
Friend
Friend
S
What Coco's Mama said. Forget about men for a bit and if Mr. Right comes along, he'd be a fool to pass you up.

Just don't expect him around every corner. wink

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
Regular
Regular
Hang in there honey. Ditto what the others say. He will come when you're least expecting him.

Patrick and Piper - Parakeets
Pudge - bassett/rott mix
R.I.P. Precious Pevi 9-17-07
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes ~ it will happen when you least expect it!!1

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
L
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
L
>pout<

ya'll are right, i know. i feel a bit better. it just is so frustrating... frown

lol but i'll try not flipping out so much blush

Soulmate
Soulmate
It is ok to flip out once and a while. Sometimes you just need too to get it out of your system.
You also are in a unique spot. You can be you, take care of you, do all the selfish things that you want to do without anyone else around. Granted sharing things with others is great but this is also a time to figure out who you are and what you want out of life.
I know your probley sick of hearing it but girl you are beautiful and someday you will post on here saying "I met Mr. Right"

RIP Peeps
N
Companion
Companion
N
I soooo felt the same way you do two years ago. i really was tired of being lonely and just wanted to find someone who didn't play games (i HATE mind games & the whole wait a few days to call & pretend to not be thinking about you blah blah blah xxxx) the last guy i dated before i found my husband last year decided to sleep with not only my friend but also my coworker too. disgusting!
but then i finally found a man who hated games too and treated me like a precious gemstone & we have not be apart since then smile
you will find someone who deserves your attention. hey I was 29 before i found my husband! (we married this May...see our beach wedding pic below...sorry but i am still amazed and have to brag)and I am really glad i did not settle for some jerk...though i admit i was really close to because of loneliness

soooooooooooo happy with my man i could just burst! smile

[img][IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/nachochirp/TaylorWed167.jpg[/img][/img]

Last edited by PDM; 09/27/07 01:59 PM.

L
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
L
awww you made me cry (in a good way) that is so sweet and that picture is just beautiful (i've always dreamed of a beach wedding) i'm so happy for you, if not a bit jealous. i impatient for when it's my turn frown

N
Companion
Companion
N
no joke...i am the most impatient person i know smile
i banned my family from saying "you will know when the right one comes along" and "not all men out there are dumb jerks" because after years of hearing that i was thinking there was something wrong with me; did the rules not apply to me? was i a freak magnet?
but you know they were right...sigh...and finally i got it...and boy was it worth the wait!
funny though it was only when i gave up trying so hard & compromising my standards with obvious Mr Wrongs & decided to concentrate on me & what i want to do that the right one came along

L
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
L
alright everyone guess what!?! I AM TAKING A BREAK FROM MEN! i have decided that since i just got out of that abusive relationship (well, it's been 6 months--it takes a while to heal from these things) i am still to fragile for men and their shenanigans. so i'm taking a break. for an undetermined length of time, the other sex does not exist for me. i will be working solamente on me myself and i. i figure if everyone keeps giving me the same advice, there must be somethings to it...yaaaayyyy manless lora! grin

S
Friend
Friend
S
woohoo!

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Good for you!!! smile
Great idea!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Welcome to the Happy Singles Club..we move on manless, and oddly more freely thru the big wide world.YAY!!!

I decided to go to the Dominican Republic in Dec. with a girlfriend no boys allowed we may torment a cute poolboy a little but other than that no boys.

JK about tormenting anyone.

Now all I need is spmeone to translate a few spanish phrases i am having trouble looking up or finding in my spanish notes lol I took a six day nightclass, over a year ago. I forgots everything! I am assuming male or female they will appreicate an honest try at spanish I would if it was reversed. Either that or I will be extremely funny.

Best Friend
Best Friend
Yay!! Be strong women because strong women are the best ever!! I would know... I am one. smile

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Okay then u are in the club so far we stand 3 strong lol.

Best Friend
Best Friend
Yay I'm in!! ... even though I'm not single... I am still strong and have had plenty of experience in being single.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
I am married to one of the strongest women ever. And I'm not talking about who can lift the heaviest object. She is definitely worth the high maintenance.

Marge is the love of my life.
M
Best Friend
Best Friend
M
Originally Posted By: LoRaXspeek4keets
alright everyone guess what!?! I AM TAKING A BREAK FROM MEN! i have decided that since i just got out of that abusive relationship (well, it's been 6 months--it takes a while to heal from these things) i am still to fragile for men and their shenanigans. so i'm taking a break. for an undetermined length of time, the other sex does not exist for me. i will be working solamente on me myself and i. i figure if everyone keeps giving me the same advice, there must be somethings to it...yaaaayyyy manless lora! grin
Originally Posted By: Coco's Mama
Okay then u are in the club so far we stand 3 strong lol.
it can be hard being married and if you want a child too you can always adopt.

H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
lora smile good that you decided to take a break ... there are a ton of good men out there but a watched pot rarely boils lol

the best thing you can do is focus on yourself, do the things you enjoy doing even if you have to do them alone, build your mind and soul, better yourself, take classes, keep busy ... be the best "you" that you can possibly be .... and when the time is right that person will come into your life ... and he will be the right kind of man cuz he will be attracted to you for who you are and we all want a man like that ... a man thats lookin for a well rounded smart and confidant woman smile

i know that sounds like way cliche .... but cliche became cliche for a reason ... cuz they are TRUE lolz

smile dont settle for 2nd best half xxx men when you deserve the absolute best there is out there smile as lauren hill said ... dont be hard rock when u really are a gem baby girl smile lol

men arent all they are cracked up to be anyway and neither is marriage hahaha dont get me wrong being married is great and i love my husband ... but cherish ur freedom and single-hood while you have it lol ....

Last edited by PDM; 11/17/07 09:08 PM.
M
Best Friend
Best Friend
M
Helwa's word's - men arent all they are cracked up to be anyway and neither is marriage hahaha dont get me wrong being married is great and i love my husband ... but cherish ur freedom and single-hood while you have it lol ....
me: i agree. so yeah.

T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
hehehe...

i couldn't help myself... maybe it's a sign..men are evil.

Best Friend
Best Friend
Yeah I use to hate guys because they are sleezballs.

BUT I found someone and for the last 3 years I have had the time of my life and we are curently on our 2nd year of living together. and a bit of advice dating your bestfriend is the best way to have a relationship.

*Spring Peepers* 05/04/07
*Winkle* 02/21/08
**Huey**10/15/09
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Lindsey my best friend is a gay man thanks for making me bust a gut laughing ...ah I needed that, point taken ,but maybe my next best friend to come along.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site