Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#234295 12/09/07 02:21 AM
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Today is our 12th anniversary. Our wedding was on December 8, 1995, one year to the date of our first date - December 8, 1994.

We went out for a gourmet seafood buffet and glass of reisling and then looking at holiday lights before watching Tim Tebow win the Heisman Trophy.

From the beginning, Marge and I have done things together, and we can talk. And she stirs my soul. And my blood.

We met from each of us posting a personal ad in the Tampa Tribune. It was the first time for both of us. We noticed that we both liked football and sports and music.

We talked on the phone, and I invited on a date. She met me at my favorite hangout - a piano bar called Armands in Brandon, Florida. The entertainers would call on some regulars to sing one or two.

When I spotted Marge at the entrance, I saw she was about my height, and perhaps a little taller, depending on her shoes. But that didn't concern me. And she was dressed elegantly, I thought. And a knock-out.

I went to her, and at the table, we saw that both of us enjoyed the music, and didn't need to talk all the time. And as we slow danced, I could tell. We meshed.

But our anniversary night is still in progress, so I'll resume later, guys.

Marge is the love of my life.
Carl #234306 12/09/07 03:53 AM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Happy 12th anniversary! Hope you are having a wonderful evening!

#234341 12/09/07 05:13 AM
H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
happy anniversary :):):):)

#234344 12/09/07 05:30 AM
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
congrats to the two of you,may you celebrate many more.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
I hope you had a great anniversary congrats:)

My name is Connie
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Thanks, everyone. During the course of the evening, we reminisced some about our first date.

As we sat, talked, and danced at Armands, we could see that we enjoyed each other's company. I was asked to sing, and the entertainer persuaded Marge to sing.

Let's put it like this - despite a lifetime of singing in a pretend voice, and having my kids beg me not to sing, I actually found out that I sing pretty good. Especially when I sing songs from the fifties and sixties, and slow songs since - particularly country and western. But while I'm good, Marge is great! Had her life been a little different, I could easily picture her having a singing career.

Marge (and her good friend, Connie) was impressed that instead of meeting Marge at a generic place, I had chosen a favorite stomping ground where I was known. And it was a pretty classy place.

For my part, she definitely did not detract from my image. On the contrary, she won the hearts of everyone there. And you could tell that people were glad that I had found someone special. People could tell that I was lonely for a special relationship. I wanted, not just a "romance," but a lifetime of romance.

As the piano bar wound down, Marge and I realized neither of us were ready for the evening to end. I came to realize that Marge's night shifts as a labor and delivery nurse made her more of a night person.

We decided to go to a nearby restaurant for an early breakfast. Years later, I can't recall exactly all that we talked about. It's impossible to really learn all a person's history, even in years and years, let alone a few hours. Yet, somehow we seemed to "know" each other. By the time our breakfast and several cups of coffee had been consumed, we saw it was about 4 in the morning. Not really a problem for either of us - I think this was a Saturday night, and I worked weekdays only, and Marge could sleep the day before her shift Sunday night.

Marge had mentioned, while we were still at the piano bar, that singing karaoke was much cheaper, and you got to sing more songs (if the rotation was reasonably small). She mentioned that she went to a place called Big Al's in Temple Terrace (a suburb of Tampa) on Monday nights for karaoke, and we made plans for me to meet her there on Monday week.

As we walked to our cars in the parking lot, I did not intend to try to kiss her, although the idea was certainly on my mind. Nonetheless, I didn't resist when she kissed me!

More later.

Carl #234562 12/10/07 01:14 AM
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Love the stories of you and Marge. Wish we lived in FL sounds like you two would be great to know.

My name is Connie
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Thanks, Pretty Bird. I notice that you and I are running neck and neck on numbers of posts. Not a chance we're going to come near to catching the others, though. <grin>

Not that we post to make the top posters list. But you do notice. I've liked reading and posting on Lisa's (and in my mind, PDM's) board.

Carl #234622 12/10/07 01:57 AM
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Funny you should mention that lol.
Most of my postings are in the bird section but as you have noticed I have been straying a little to the other sections.
I love that PDM put in a marriage topic as I have many funny stories that have happened over the years but I do have to pace myself plus I really need to pull myself away from this computer once in awhile especially this week as all my kids are coming home for Christmas this coming week-end and I'M NOT READY.
This Christmas is going to be fun we now have 3 grandchildren this year we went from 1 to 3. Drew our oldest is so funny he comes out with the craziest things now He turns 5 in Jan.
The other two (girls) were born this year. I was so excited finally some girls to buy fun things for (I had 2 sons).
I was not on the forum for some time as I was knitting like crazy and I now have a sweater project going for Drew but now that I got hooked back into the forum that has taken a little back seat. This is addicting.
Also for our anniversary my husband got me a new (music) keyboard so I have been spending lots of time on that the birds love it and Nacho (our tiel) has to sit right on my hand as I'm playing (Don't think that that isn't fun). He is a real hoot he bopps his head up and down to the beat of the music.
Well enough of my rambling.

My name is Connie
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Sounds like you have music in your soul, also!

And grandchildren are fun. Our youngest has spent a lot of time with us since his birth. He's now two. He'll be coming to visit us this coming Thursday for a few days. Marge got him a red wagon (and other toys).

I know what you mean about other projects. I have plenty, and am a househusband, also.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site