RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Carl #234654 12/10/07 02:25 AM
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Yes I love music. What is so funny though is that I took music lessons starting at 5 on the accordion of all things. Then went to the piano (did both together for a while) then in my teens went to organ. My mom and I fought all the time over practicing
(I hated it then).
Well now I can sit for literally hours playing the time just flies good thing my husband like to listen to me otherwise I would probably drive him crazy playing for so long.
He got me my first keyboard about 5 years ago and I have played just about every day since. Can't sing though (I really really can't) I do envey those who can.
And I'm not that great at playing thats why it all for fun and our enjoyment. My husband thinks I'm great so that's all that counts. I'm trying to teach Nacho rock around the clock.
He knows the notes only gets them sort of mixed up. I can't sing but I can whistle.
I learned how when I was pretty young and I think I drove everyone nuts when I first learned how. My grandpa use to call me a bird.

My name is Connie
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
A pretty bird, I bet your Grandpa thought.

My first wife had a base accordion that she played.

Marge is the love of my life.
Carl #234689 12/10/07 02:51 AM
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Yes he did teach me.
I will bet there were a lot of us in our generation that played the accordion.
Well its going on 9 here and these poor little birdies need to have lights out so have fun catching up to me lol.
If you post I'll answer tomorrow.

My name is Connie
Carl #234992 12/11/07 01:30 AM
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
After our date, the next night I was again in Armands. During the course of the night, vendors came in with rose buds to sell. I bought one, deciding to drop over to the hospital where I knew Marge was working. I had no idea about if I would be allowed in the labor and delivery unit where Marge was an RN.

As I parked my car in the parking lot, and started walking toward the hospital, Marge called out, "Carl, is that you?" She had come outside for an infrequent smoke break.

The idea of karaoke - something I had never done before - was a little intimidating, so I decided to go get the lay of the land, you might say. Monday night, about an hour before karaoke would begin, I went into Big Al's and sat at the bar. As conversation began, I shared that my date had invited me to join her the following week, and I wanted to get kind of a head start.

"That must be Marge!" a woman exclaimed. Turns out she was the KJ (karaoke jockey) and a friend of Marge's.

Soon, I was at a table with other friends of Marge's, including her best friend, Connie. And Connie is a bit of a psychic. She wanted to read my palm. Connie wasn't specific in her comments, but led me to believe she was pulling for me! I think I recall her saying something about me being the one.

So, as I was looking through the books of the songs available, Marge showed up! We were both surprised.

I had a bit of a headache, so I had my doubts that I was really "wowing" anyone. But I picked a very old country song - from the late 40's, I think. Well, I found out really fast that some of those old songs had a faster tempo than you'd expect. The KJ had to help me. She picked up her microphone and sang with me until I settled down. And I did better on the next one.

Although it didn't seem like I was winning any prizes for romantic behavior, apparently I did well enough. Marge told me she was having some friends over on Friday night for Trivial Pursuit and chili, and invited me.

More later.

Carl #235026 12/11/07 03:22 AM
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
We are waiting.
However it will have to be read tomorrow as its time for the little birdies to go to bed. Lights out.

My name is Connie
Soulmate
Soulmate
great story Carl. I love reading about you and your lady. Happy anniversary late.

RIP Peeps
val313 #235618 12/13/07 02:33 AM
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Thanks, Val. Sorry, PB. I should have been clearer - by "later," I meant when I had time to post again.

The night of the trivial pursuit went well. Several of the guests were KJs and Marge's friend, Connie was there with her husband. Marge's chili was great (still is), and she makes a lot of mashed potatoes for a base (if wanted). And Marge is good at trivial pursuit. I'm not that good, but I was relaxed with the companionship, and felt I was one of the group.

And I had decided "faint heart" did not win the fair lady! As people left at the close of the party, I stood with Marge at the door saying farewell.

As we sat on the couch, Marge gave me the "let's go slow" speech. I remembered my Mother telling me about a guy who had been hearing about a competitor for her affections. She said that rather than getting upset or talking trash about the other guy, he just agreed that the other guy was nice.

In that spirit, I told Marge I understood what she was saying, but that I had a right to my feelings. And I felt I was falling in love with her.

In effect, we were never apart after that! Of course, Marge had to make the obligatory visit to my apartment to see how I kept house - and to see if there were signs of female residence. And she shook her head at my lack of Christmas decorations. But whether at her place or mine, we were together.

And soon, we moved my things in with hers. Over time, they have all become ours.

My first marriage lasted 21 years, and the split-up was quite painful for me. My second one lasted only about a year. We were better friends than mates. Been years since I've seen her, but I still feel we are friends.

Neither of Marge's first two marriages were very supportive of her as an individual and a woman. She pulled herself out of some unpleasant circumstances, worked, went to school, and got her RN license. And you could not find a more independent woman than Marge. As I've already said, she karaoked, and she would occasionally date what she called "boy toys."

So, even though Marge had posted the personals ad, she wasn't all that eager for any lifestyle change. She, like me, sensed a desire for a deeper relationship, but marriage was not in her future, she decided.

Nonetheless, I'm kind of a traditional guy in some ways. So during the year, I would keep asking her to make "an honest man" of me. And we had our first arguments. I learned that we could do so without it meaning that all was over. And we could still laugh and still love each other.

I can be a persistent guy! So, eventually Marge agreed to our getting married. As a matter of fact, after several proposals, I had warned her that she would have to ask me the next time. And she did.

Next time, I'll pick up with our wedding preparations.

Carl #235693 12/13/07 01:32 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Carl
... Yet, somehow we seemed to "know" each other. ...

The number of times I've heard that!
~ When someone meets the 'right' person.

Belated congratulations on your wedding anniversary!!! smile

Last edited by PDM; 12/13/07 01:34 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #235750 12/13/07 07:25 PM
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
My husband and I always think its funny when we say the same thing at the same time. We do this quite often actually.

My name is Connie
Carl #238507 12/27/07 11:26 PM
A
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
A
Carl:

Woof! Woof!!

http://livingstoncooks.blogspot.com/
Perception is reality.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site