Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Best Friend
Best Friend
M
ur welcome.

Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Well my son met his wife on line. (both in their 30's) She is great and it was so funny at their wedding her dad even said he never thought he would be a fan of on line dating but he had to eat his words because that's how his daughter met my son.
So I know there are nuts out there but there seems to be some sites that are ok for online. Just make sure when meeting that it is a very public place that's what my daughter-in-law did.

My name is Connie
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
By the way they just had their first baby in August a little girl. So your not to old just show this to your dad.

My name is Connie
Great Friend
Great Friend
I definately agree with everyone here that 33 is not too old. You have the rest of your life ahead of you, which is hopefully 40+ years (heck, maybe youll live to 100!).
I guess to give you advice, I would like to let you know a little about what Im going through right now. Im 17, I have a 10 mo. old daughter, and my husband of 8 mo. is currently in jail. Sounds horrible, right? I percieve myself as very mature for my age, and when I found out I was pregnant, I was about to go away to college, 2 years early. I gave up my scholarship to have my baby and marry her father. I wanted it to work soooo bad!. He has abused me physically 4 times when drunk. He has also abused me emotionally almost every day. I was so happy when he would give me a kiss because he wanted to, not just because I kissed him or he wanted s**.
He abused me for the last time on Xmas eve and I called the police. This is why he is in jail. At first I was so angry that I said I was done, by day 2 or 3 I wished I hadnt called 911 and wanted to be with him. I talked to a woman who had been in the same situation and she gave me a serous reality check. That day I was at my lowest. I cried all day. By like 6pm, I realized that crying didnt help, and I went to look for a job. My husband was working 2 jobs so I could stay home with our daughter and go to college. Just talking to people made such a difference! I had been controlled for so long. I was always scared something I did would make him angry. I could do what I wanted! I made plans with a friend and we went out dancing last night! I even met this really nice guy there (I told him no romance thoguh, not yet). Overall, I really found myself again.
I digress. The point Im trying to make is that Im 17 and have gone through so much. I have a baby and tons of emotional baggage, I still don't know who I am. I am slightly overweight and my body has been essentially destroyed by stretch marks. But this guy was still interested in me, for me. Knowing all of this that I just told you all.
You have an advantage. You are 33, not old, not super young, but an advantage. You know who you are, you have a career, and as someone else said, you probably wont experience that growing apart that many young couples do. If I can find love again, which I am beginning to beleive, you surely can find someone great. You are a single independant woman who from what Ive seen of your posts is very outgoing and fun. Go out dancing, join a club like someone said. If you dont put yourself out there and approach people, you wont meet anyone. Just go out with the intention of having fun. Youll be surprised what you find.
I have been though serious relationship hell and it was all because I was determined to save the world, to save my husband. I am coming to realize you have to meet lots of people and get to know them in order to find love. If I can do it, you definately can. I really wish you luck! You seem like a great woman, and you deserve a great guy.

~ Maggie
Mama to Juliana Elise (03/07), Wesley Dominick (06/10) and four feathered 'tielbabies!
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Wow, i feel so silly & selfish now that I read your story. You are cleary mature for your age, I could not even take of a baby now nor do I care to, but my goodness you had yours at 17.
Just thinking about pregnancy sends me into pre partum depression no joke, it makes me queasy to think of my body morphing into this alien form with something moving inside, i know, i know it's a miracle and a baby but women talk about it like it's a hiccup, I think it would freak me out totally. I hope if I do find someone they can understand how I feel about babies. Ha at my age maybe he will come with some included.
Don't worry about stretch marks seriously don't i have had them since 13 my hips poped out and my skin didn't and gee are they not getting prettier with age (blech) granted you have more, my firend is a big stretchmark from her birth and she met a guy and she just told me they were engaged she was abused too.
So take your time, maybe just guy friends and be strong, you don't like something tell them to shut up! You don't need to put up with anything. You have your whole life ahead of you, imagine now what you do want from a realtionship ( you know what you don't) but think of what it is that you do and you won't feel so lost, back in the dating scene cos u will have an idea of what you have made as standards that are acceptable, for the new you!!
Happy new year !!

V
V
Hmm...

What I can tell you single ladies out there is not to lose hope. You're not too old. You're actually never too old until you're dead. How unique do you think you really are? Do you really think there aren't guys that have been struggling to find their diamond in the rough? Really, how could there not be a man out there that is a good fit for you at 20, 30, 40, or even more?

If they aren't finding you, start trying to find them. Ask yourself what you think your problem really is. Are you not meeting people or not meeting quality people? Try to think about how you can fix that. Many people here have offered many good suggestions... Suggestions I might use in the future, haha!

Sorry if my post sounds harsh, rude or offensive that is not my intent. I am just blown away by the idea that some ladies think it would never happen to them because it hasn't happened yet.

Cheers,
Chris
Single and Strong MAN, 23
Eclectus and Cockatiel Owner

Cheers,
Chris
Eclectus and Cockatiel owner
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Vurtog / Chris

I'm sure that there must be a number of men out there, too, who feel that they are 'on the shelf'.

Welcome to the forum! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Well my cousin just married a really nice man (not only nice but has bucks as well) Anyway she is 3 years younger than me and not as skinny as a bean pole either. She is 56 years old by the way. He is about 10 years older than her but he is in shape and not a bad looking man at all. In fact he is probably in better shape than she is. So for everyone single out there there is hope.
Like I said my son was in his 30's before he met his wife.

My name is Connie
L
Soulmate
Soulmate
L
ay dios mio--q yo no tengo nadie y yo se q solo tengo 19 anos, pero es q yo tengo tanto amor en mi corazon y quiero compartirlo con alguien...... mad

translation: i hate men and single life

i know ya'll are all right, but still, it is FRUSTRATING!!!!!! frown

S
S
Take your time with this. You appear to be very attractive and that alone scares some guys!! Have fun, do things with your friends and explore your personal interests. And in time, that perfect guy will be there.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site