RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Companion
Companion
What a great idea for a thread!

I met my wife in 1987. I was a junior at Rensselaer Polytechnic in upstate New York, and I was in serious need of beer money, so I took a job answering phones at the Dominos Pizza two blocks down the street from my frat house. The assistant manager was this skinny blonde spitfire named Tracy. I was immediately smitten.

Of course, I was a geek, and she was a social butterfly with suitors out the vent. We became friends, but that was all.

I went on to marry a woman in grad school. Moved to Connecticut. After nine years, that relationship was not working out at all. We divorced in 2003, and I found myself single, living north of Hartford all by myself. I remembered, however, that Tracy was from Springfield, MA, just up the road. And as it happened, I had her email address from a distro a mutual friend maintained.

I emailed her, asking how she was doing and if she wanted to get together for a beer. She responded, suggesting dinner. Five months later, we'd moved in together. Eight months later, I was on bended knee, proposing to her on the center of the Brooklyn Bridge's main span. Five years later, we're living together happily in a little cape outside of Hartford.

Dreams do come true, people. Sometimes it just takes a decade or two.

Ain't nothin' but a 'keet thang, baby.
Friend
Friend
Well my ex-best friend had bugged me to go to church ever since grade 9. Finally in grade 11 I decided to go because I had just lost a bunch of friends and I wanted to make some new ones. My friend always talked about my husband as if he was the greatest person on the planet. I didn't expect to fall in love because I had just been through some pretty crappy relationships and didn't think I was ready for another one. But my hubby was different then most guys I had ever known, he looked at my eyes when I talked and not my chest. Not only was he sooo hot but he was just happy, carefree and not all macho like every other man I'd ever known. So I got my friend to ask hubby out for me and we started dating. The thing was hubby lived half and hour away so we only got to see each other every 2 weeks. Both of us didn't think it would really work, and we'd only known each other for 2 hours (2 youth group sessions). But as we got to know each other (phone and MSN) we really hit it off. 2 1/2 years later (ish) we got married, and been so for over a year and a half.

BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
Mark was my flight instructor when I was learning to fly. When I first talked to him about taking lessons he asked me "why I wanted to take flying lessons" well - I asked him if he had a need to know or was he just being nosey - needless to say he thought I was quite a "female dog". It all worked out in the end. We are best friends and we are really happy with each other.

Soulmate
Soulmate
Well, I met Phil online. We had just recently gotten a computer, and my daughters had all these cool friends from all over the world that they chatted with each day. I thought that was cool, so I asked them how they did that. They told me I had to make a profile and then I could look at other people's profiles.

I was instand messaged by an assortment of people, and I looked up a few people in different parts of the world, primarily England. I meant to instant message one person, but accidentally instant messaged someone else on Christmas Eve, and that was Phil. He was visiting his parents for the Holidays, and for some reason had just decided to bring his computer home, and it wasn't a laptop. So, he was up late at night playing a card game.

We got along wonderfully! He was so much fun. He had the best sence of humour. After a few months we had to meet. He flew over to meet me on his birthday. And then he came by a few months later, and again a few months after that, and then we got married.

What is funny, is that the movie "You've Got Mail" had just come out around the time I met my husband online. So, that movie always brings back those memories of when we first met. I guess I'll always have a nostalgic feeling for AOL, lol. smile

1EleanorRigby

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site