Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Regular
Regular
P
Originally Posted By: PDM

I've heard that too, but I wonder .. you know how some couples have babies, in the hope that it will make an iffy marriage better? Perhaps some co-habitors get married for similar reasons?? confused

Great point! Very possible.

God Bless,
Tasha
N
Companion
Companion
N
ok, i know that Coco's mama posted this over a month ago but when i read this today I couldn't help feel like this was my situation a year ago. i actually came to the conclusion several years before that its ok that maybe i will never get married & maybe never have kids. so about 2 years went by where i concentrated on myself not waiting around for the dream man to make life better. I got my Master's degree, got a career, and when i was completely happy with myself the man of my dreams came into my life...and 10 months later we were married...and I'm 30! i always met men who were either married, gay, slept around, or completely had no respect for women. my friend had suggested a personals website for fun to see the dating scene in the area & look at my competition wink so what was just harmless internet flirting (I really never intended to meet anyone) turned into me finding the perfect, mature, sensitive man who had the same goals in life as me (& who i was terribly attracted too smile i feel like it may of been a fluke i found someone so fast (I was on the personals page for one week) but we are very happily married now and i finally understand the meaning of "when you know... you know if he is right for you". (ga! that used to bug me!)
plus my aunt is 55 and she finally met her match and is really very happy.
hang in there...when you do find the right person all of the time waiting would be worth it...trust me...i got engaged before "just because" & am so happy i called it off.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
A very positive post nacho's mama!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
N
Companion
Companion
N
Thanks PDM, we actually got married a couple of weeks ago (05/06/07)!
when i was young i used to say "if i'm not married by the time i'm 28 i'll be really depressed"....hence the previous wrong engagement to Mr Will-Work-For-Right-Now. Soooooo glad i didn't go down that path with him...he was verrrry conceited and we fought a lot. I'm really glad to be in my thirties now...i finally am confortable with myself and know what direction i want to take in life and i think this is what was a big attractor for both me & my husband.
grin

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I know a number of people, who thought that their chances for love had passed them by ~ only to find out that their perfect partner was just around the corner!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
I've heard that too PDM.

Lady I work with was torn apart when her husband left her after cheating more than once. (As the scenario goes, she was the last to find out thanks to his lies) She was absolutely devastated thinking too that because of her age she'd never meet the right person again. She thought herself too old for love.

Now she has met someone who treats her with the respect and love she needed and deserved and she's a new person.

So don't put age on finding true love, it's out there just waiting to be found.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Wow so much more positive news. Congrats, Nacho's Human lol.

I read the entire post again and was like I must have been PMS ing so bad cos' I sound so pathetic, really it is not so bad. I must have just been in " that poor pity me mood" , I am sure I cant be the only person who has those once in a while..right..right? LOL.

I don't hate being single, but my friend just had her second baby 2 more are trying and another got married and then it dawned on me, I felt all of a sudden 16 not 33. Everyone was moving on starting families and it like I was left behind. Now all eyes are on me kinda with expectation like ok girl you are next..harder still is when you remember some of the people who are having kids when they WERE IN DIAPERS eek.

I have a career, I went to university late and finished, then I vacillated for 6 years and got a diploma from college as well and have taken several night courses it isn't like I am sitting with Coco waiting for a white horse to appear in my living room. Ha ha.

I don't think I could a: date someone just to be dating or b: get engaged just cos' I feel that at my age this is it. I would rather be alone than with the wrong person. It's just harder somedays I suppose.

Lora you are 19 you have your whole life in front of you, don't worry about it. Accomplish everything you want for you there is nothing wrong with that, then we Mr. Right comes along you can offer him the best you ..you can be. I am always working on myself (no not plastic surgery although hmmm... no that won't fix anything important lol) but just the me I want to be.

I love all the stories on how people thought it wouldn't happen for them and it did. it is so positive and uplifting. The fact that so many of you had similar feelings to me gives me hope, I am not alone.

Oh and Nacho's H= you'll know when he is right for you LMLBO GAAAAAAH is right.

Last edited by Coco's Mama; 06/03/07 08:02 PM. Reason: Can't seem to type today

L
Soulmate
Soulmate
L
>sniff sniff< ok fine, i guess i'm still young. frown but coco's mama! 33????? you're young too! you still have your life ahead of you. don't worry--we'll invite each other to each other's weddings! :P

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
HAHA deal!
I alway wanted to see New York, Apparently everyone hearts NY.

P
P
dont worry i have been single for a year and a half and no lad will look at me and dont no why

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site