Next Thread
Print Thread
#282584 04/20/08 09:12 PM
J
Josh85 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey everyone.

Here it goes. I have never really wrote on these sites before explaining how i feel and asking for help. But this time i would love to have some responses from lots of people who have maybe been in my situation before.

When i was in Sixth Form College at the age of 18 i met this girl. We got on really well, went out loads and became good friends. As it happens i fell for her, but i was going to University so i never really said to her how i felt because i didnt want to ruin our friendship. Whilst i was at Uni (3 years ago) we kept in contact a lot, she send me birthday presents and rang me up one night and spent 27 pounds on that phone call!
She finally went to University aswell, and overtime we didnt keep contact as much as we did. She finally got a boyfriend and has now been with him for around 2-3 years.
So, ive known this girl for about 5 years, got on really well (almost too well) and now she has a boyfriend. In 2007 we randomly bumped into each other whilst nightclubbing etc, and she would go off with me to the bar and we would buy drinks etc whilst her boyfriend was somewhere else in the nightclub.
Now its the present day and she contacted me last week to go out today. We went out, just us two, to grab some food and she came back to my house and we chatted for a good 4-5 hours about random stuff.
This is where my question comes in: I still really like this girl, and looking back into the past i know she liked me, but i was too nieve to realise it. Could there be a chance she has always liked me from what i have explained, and she still likes me now even though she has a boyfriend? It just seems strange to me that a girl would go out 1 to 1 with another guy even though she has already got a boyfriend.
Thank you for reading, and i really hope to get some reponses to help me out with my situation smile
Josh

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I think that this belongs in the 'Does he like me' category, rather than the one for friends & relatives, so I'm moving it there. It might help you to get better feedback!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Josh85
Could there be a chance she has always liked me from what i have explained, and she still likes me now even though she has a boyfriend?

Hi Josh ~ welcome!

I'd say yes! It's certainly possible.
Alternatively, she may remember that you got on really well back then & still hopes to enjoy your friendship now.

How can you be sure which one it is?

Well to spend so much time talking to you, she must feel really comfortable and really enjoy your company.
On the other hand, she is going out with someone else.

I suppose the only way would be to ask her.
If she only wants friendship, then this could be embarrassing and you could lose her friendship as well.
But if she likes you ~ really likes you ~ then it could be the start of something really good for the two of you.

I wonder how her boyfriend feels about you going out together and spending hours at your house chatting???

Perhaps you could just say that you regret missing your chance to go out with her ~ and see how she reacts.

J
Josh85 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks PDM,

That has really helped me a lot.

That was one of the main things which bugged me, the fact that she goes out with me for dinner and she has a boyfriend. If i had a girlfriend who did this i wouldnt particulary like it. I suppose she didnt tell the boyfriend she was going out with another guy.

I have asked her if she would like to go out with my next sunday and am waiting on a reply since i did it through this "Facebook" site.
I would love to ask her but as you said, i am afraid of ruining a good friendship.
I liked your last line of missing out my chance to go out with her and seeing how she reacts. Its a nice way to say i still like you without putting her under pressure.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Thanks!

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site