Stress Reduction

This Ad Supports Charity
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#288713 - 05/06/08 10:36 PM Re: I don't know what to do... [Re: PDM]
TheTangeMan Offline

I don't know why she doesn't want to do it. I asked her and she says she just doesn't, but I when I told her why I thought she needed to do it, she started crying and telling me to stop talking about it, so I stopped, but now I'm pretty sure that I know why she's acting like this and she just doesn't want to face it.

Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Twitter Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Facebook Add Re: I don't know what to do... to MySpace Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Del.icio.us Digg Re: I don't know what to do... Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Yahoo My Web Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Google Bookmarks Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Stumbleupon Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Reddit
#288730 - 05/06/08 11:22 PM Re: I don't know what to do... [Re: TheTangeMan]
joandboys Offline
Soulmate

Loc: New York
Good for you, hang in there, crying is good. You hit a nerve of truth. Just keep gently letting her know that you care what happens to her even if your not together.Keep letting her know that you know she doesn't want to talk about it but your not going to give up on her because she is worth it.She didn't totally turn you away, that is good. I don't think she will if she hasn't yet. Ease off a little and just talk to her as a friend and listen. You will get another opportunity eventually to bring it up. Definitely consult with a professional about how to proceed.

Cookie and Sweetie

Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Twitter Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Facebook Add Re: I don't know what to do... to MySpace Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Del.icio.us Digg Re: I don't know what to do... Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Yahoo My Web Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Google Bookmarks Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Stumbleupon Add Re: I don't know what to do... to Reddit
#288778 - 05/07/08 01:53 AM Re: I don't know what to do... [Re: joandboys]
TheTangeMan Offline

Well, it started because we got into a very large argument that we both said a bunch of hurtful stuff to the other, but I came back and talked to her about it, and that is when I talked to her about that. So she was already upset and crying at first, but then she stopped crying until I started talking to her about it and thens she started crying. So I know that that's the reason. I basically told her that I knew she was acting like this because its easier to not be involved with anybody because she didn't want to get hurt again like her ex did to her. So she was I basically told her she was acting like this because she was afraid and running away.

#288779 - 05/07/08 02:00 AM Re: I don't know what to do... [Re: TheTangeMan]
joandboys Offline
Soulmate

Your doing good...I would still get some tips from a pro. I really think they might have ideas we haven't thought of.

Cookie and Sweetie

#288900 - 05/07/08 12:22 PM Re: I don't know what to do... [Re: joandboys]
TheTangeMan Offline

Yeah, I sent a couple emails and the only thing they have responded was "send her in" so that they can get some money before they actually help somebody...xxxxxxxx.

Edited by PDM (05/07/08 01:14 PM)

#288920 - 05/07/08 01:19 PM Re: I don't know what to do... [Re: TheTangeMan]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Actually, I don't think that many therapists would help without seeing the patient. What if they gave the wrong advice?

The only way would be for you to seek advice for yourself ~ saying that you were worried about your friend ~ from a school counsellor, perhaps; not from someone professional, with whom you have no links.

#289000 - 05/07/08 03:46 PM Re: I don't know what to do... [Re: TheTangeMan]
joandboys Offline
Soulmate

Try speaking to a Psychology professor. They teach and might be more inclined to understand and help. You take the legal liability out of the question when you pose it as a hypothetical situation. Then they can say they never had knowledge that it was a real person.

Cookie and Sweetie

#289159 - 05/07/08 08:11 PM Re: I don't know what to do... [Re: joandboys]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Yes, that could work!

#289368 - 05/08/08 10:22 AM Re: I don't know what to do... [Re: PDM]
TheTangeMan Offline

I just found out that she smoked pot at least once recently, which she has never done before that. And I think she might turn it into a regular occasion.

#289381 - 05/08/08 10:53 AM Re: I don't know what to do... [Re: TheTangeMan]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Was she with others?
Perhaps she was trying to fit in.
It's not good for her health though ~ and I presume that it's illegal??

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 05:49 PM
A Sense of Duty
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 10:48 PM
Into The Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 05:42 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/28/14 02:47 PM
Perfect FREE Summer reading!
by Lisa Shea
07/26/14 03:21 AM
Help Talking on the phone with a girl
by shooting_star_ga
07/19/14 03:04 PM
Himalayan Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/18/14 09:21 AM
Do You Think about Breaking Up?
by baba ijebu
07/02/14 12:18 AM
Girl in college class
by baba ijebu
07/01/14 11:16 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors