RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OP Offline
I don't know why she doesn't want to do it. I asked her and she says she just doesn't, but I when I told her why I thought she needed to do it, she started crying and telling me to stop talking about it, so I stopped, but now I'm pretty sure that I know why she's acting like this and she just doesn't want to face it.

Soulmate
Soulmate
Good for you, hang in there, crying is good. You hit a nerve of truth. Just keep gently letting her know that you care what happens to her even if your not together.Keep letting her know that you know she doesn't want to talk about it but your not going to give up on her because she is worth it.She didn't totally turn you away, that is good. I don't think she will if she hasn't yet. Ease off a little and just talk to her as a friend and listen. You will get another opportunity eventually to bring it up. Definitely consult with a professional about how to proceed.

Cookie and Sweetie
OP Offline
Well, it started because we got into a very large argument that we both said a bunch of hurtful stuff to the other, but I came back and talked to her about it, and that is when I talked to her about that. So she was already upset and crying at first, but then she stopped crying until I started talking to her about it and thens she started crying. So I know that that's the reason. I basically told her that I knew she was acting like this because its easier to not be involved with anybody because she didn't want to get hurt again like her ex did to her. So she was I basically told her she was acting like this because she was afraid and running away.

Soulmate
Soulmate
Your doing good...I would still get some tips from a pro. I really think they might have ideas we haven't thought of.

Cookie and Sweetie
OP Offline
Yeah, I sent a couple emails and the only thing they have responded was "send her in" so that they can get some money before they actually help somebody...xxxxxxxx.

Last edited by PDM; 05/07/08 05:14 PM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Actually, I don't think that many therapists would help without seeing the patient. What if they gave the wrong advice?

The only way would be for you to seek advice for yourself ~ saying that you were worried about your friend ~ from a school counsellor, perhaps; not from someone professional, with whom you have no links.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Soulmate
Soulmate
Try speaking to a Psychology professor. They teach and might be more inclined to understand and help. You take the legal liability out of the question when you pose it as a hypothetical situation. Then they can say they never had knowledge that it was a real person.

Cookie and Sweetie
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, that could work!

OP Offline
I just found out that she smoked pot at least once recently, which she has never done before that. And I think she might turn it into a regular occasion.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Was she with others?
Perhaps she was trying to fit in.
It's not good for her health though ~ and I presume that it's illegal??

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site