Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#307413 07/04/08 04:48 AM
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Hi to everyone again. Yeah, Raven is back! Hope you didn't miss me too much XP

Ok, my boyfriend and I are going on 5 months together. He has started seeing his psychologist again and has been put on anti-depressants.

Does this kind of medication affect relationships badly?

I told him that I'm here for him if he wants to talk and that I won't force him to tell me what's on his mind. But... I can't help feel like I'm left in the dark frown

When we talk, via sms or in person, we always manage to come to a point that we argue or bring up something that we regret. I hate fighting with him. It just kills me. I know that I haven't been that most desirable girlfriend, but is there any way I can tell him I'm sorry? Or do anything for him?

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Raven, I'm sorry that your boyfriend is going through a rough time ~ and that this is, of course, affecting you.

Everyone has bad times, of course, but they are usually made easier by having someone there who cares. Just being there for him may be enough. He may not feel able to talk ~ but just make sure that he knows that you will be there if ever he does want to share his feelings.

If he is down ~ or you feel down ~ it might bring the conversation round to negative things. As long as he knows that you care and that you don't want arguments, he should, hopefully, understand ~ once he is feeling better.

Anti-depressants can affect people quite a bit.

Good luck. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Friend
Friend
hey raven.

holy xxxx 5 months, wow that's awesome. the anti-depressants not so cool though. i believe depression is a mind thing. He probably feels depress from his past mistakes, or he feels he's done something wrong that hurt you. Raven to tell you the truth, I'm also been more depressed than i have in awhile. but when i talk to my friends from school and like you and the other people in this forum, i feel ok, because they been through it too. and they figured out how to deal with it. You and I are still young raven, and we take advice from these people because we believe they some form of an answer to help us along this twisted path we call life. Plus most of them are pet owners.

Just hearing what you having tainted conversation makes me wanna finish that thing i am working on faster. but i can only go so fast. Raven, i can only hope and pray for you and your bf that things work out well. I will get that video done as fast i can type code.

Last edited by PDM; 07/08/08 04:00 PM.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Love one another, and God
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
I really need your help!

My boyfriend has been hospitalized! He wasn't at school today, so I SMSed him. He said he is feeling icky and helpless that he can't help me with my problems. I know eher he's coming from, but this isn't good for him at the moment. His sister SMSed me after school to say he has been admitted to hospital and that they have to keep him overnight.

I'm freaking out at the moment! My boyfriend + depression + anit-depressants + hospital = something damn serious!

Someone help me, because I'm the one feeling helpless!!!

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Raven

As we get older, and become involved with people, we take on more responsibilities and can sometimes have to deal with problems.

It's all part of life's pattern.
Once we grow to love someone, their problems become ours.

You have had problems and your boyfriend has had problems.
He has supported you through yours; now you can support him through his.

This may make you panic a bit, but try not to let it.
Take some deep breaths and accept that you can only do what you can do, but that you will do your best.

At present, your boyfriend is in hospital.
They are giving him the medical attention that he needs.
All he needs from you is your love and support.
But he cannot do anything for you at present.
That's fine. You are strong. You know that he cares.

Both of you have relatives ~ can they help?

The important thing is that he cares about you and you care about him.

Calm down.

You don't know how serious it really is, so don't panic.

I think that you said that you had a counsellor ~ talk it through with him / her.

And post on here if you need to vent or discuss.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site