RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#312364 07/23/08 03:45 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Okay, so here's my situation. I've known this guy for four years or longer, neither of us have really recalled when it was that we first met. So in August, I'm flying out to meet him, for the VERY FIRST TIME. It's been an internet/phone friendship/relationship for the four years we've known one another, and well..I'm a little scared. I mean, we've talked on the phone for hours on end, and over instant messangers and etc...and we've NEVER run out of stuff to talk about we have a lot in common, and it's great.

But...how do I act when I first meet him in person? Should I be all flirty and act like it's a first date? I mean...it seems kind of silly to me at least to do it that way. When I first actually see him, is a chaste hug the best way to start it out, and then if he wants more (cause I know I SURE DO!) just go along with it? I could use a little advice here, and I would really appreciate it.

-I don't know what to put here yet, when I think of something quirky, I'll let you know.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Dabrat & welcome. smile

This reminds me of a couple of films I've seen: You've Got Mail & a Christmas film.

In both cases there was confusion over identities, but all turned out well in the end.

I do wonder, though, in real life, whether that is always the way. I just can't help but feel that things may be different when the people concerned meet in person.

Anyway, in your case, I would really suggest that you just be yourself and see what happens. After four years, you know each other, without knowing each other, so a flirty first date scenario sounds a bit odd to me, too.

I think that the friendly hug and relaxed chat is the best way to go. If this is going to develop into a real relationship, quickly, you'll soon know ~ just let it develop naturally.

Those are my thoughts ~ what you do will have to be your choice, but good luck and I hope that you will both have a great time together! smile

By the way, can I please check that you own the copyright to your avatar image, please?

Thank you! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
D
OP Offline
D
I mean I know who he is and stuff, I've seen him on web camera and all of that over the space of four years (at least). But yes I do thank you for the advice, and I agree that maybe a friendly hug would be best to start things out. I hope to have a bunch of fun talking fun stuff with you guys in the future.

(by the way, other advice on this topic would be much appreciated too! i wouldn't mind takin a few peoples views on this situation)

I found this image on the net, if it's a problem that I don't own the copyright, I can remove it.

-I don't know what to put here yet, when I think of something quirky, I'll let you know.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I hope that you will receive some other responses from fellow members!

And good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Friend
Friend
hey dabrat, names lee. welcome to the forums internet dating for four years and now your finally meeting face to face. man this to me is kind of unusual to me anyway.

At least you know what he looks like, thats good to know. AS long you can tell it's him and some one else, i think thats cool.

As for meeting for the first time, im kind of skechy about it. but from your first post, I think he realy want's to be with you.

this might not be my best advice, because i think online/phone dating is crazy.

Last edited by lwhuntley4; 07/24/08 05:25 PM.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Love one another, and God
Regular
Regular
Hi! I know someone who had a online/phone relationship with a guy for years...they're engaged now, so, who knows.

I would advise against trying to be flirty if that's not what comes to you naturally...who knows, maybe when you see him the first time, your knees may go a little wobbly and you'll start flirting naturally, and that's fine - but don't feel like you need to do it to show interst, or anything. You don't want his first (live) impression of you to be a false or forced one. I would just act natural, enjoy the things you can do in person that you couldn't before, and see where it takes you smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site