Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#326149 09/11/08 07:31 AM
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Hey guys. It's me. Sorry I've quite for a while. been trying to my life in order, and working a lot. Any way, I've started to like a girl my church and well, it sometimes hard to talk to her, because of all her friends talking to her. I don't mind when her friends do talk to her, it's just to keep a conversation up with they are around.

Another issue is she's like 3 or 4 years younger than me. I don't know if this a real issue or not. Maybe if she 6-7 years younger, that might present a problem.

Another issue is, one or two friends, I don't think they like me that much.

She is a really cute girl. I have all the things for the "The Asking Out" procedure. But I'm holding them off until I think I'm ready for her. I got bronwie points when i went to her sweet 16 b-day party, deck out in purple dress shirt, dresspaints and dress shoes. IT was a semi formal party.

What do yall think?

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Love one another, and God
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Does she know that you like her in that way?
Has she indicated that she likes you back?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
No she doesn't know i like her like that yet, Unless my stupid idiot brain, didn't catch all that I am doing and I flirted with her. We're cool friends, although I only get to see her like 3 times a week and she has school. but anyway we're cool. I'm not for sure what the signs are if a girl likes a guy, atleast not the basic ones. I mean if a girl just runs at you and yells "I want you!", ok either they gone nuts or the really do like you. LOL.

Last edited by lwhuntley4; 09/11/08 09:59 AM.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Ok this is weird. just yesterday in children church. She was there. I'm in there because I set it up early so everything will be ready for the kids. Well this sunday, she was in there, cause apparently she's helping out. She kept smiling at me, every time we caught eyes. Could this mean something? I think so. As smart as I am with these situations, I can't seem to get my own situations in order.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Certainly, it might mean that she likes you, if she smiles.

However, it may simply mean that she is a friendly girl, who appreciated your help.

It's difficult to say at this stage, but if you are friendly and polite, you will find out.

How do you think that her parents and yours would feel about you dating her ~ since she is only 16?

Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Well since her mom is Russian, and more on the serious side it might be kind of difficult. Epically since I'm gonna turn 20 in just a couple more months. her parents like me and stuff, for her sweet i6 b-day party she wanted it to semi-formal. Well i knew what she meant but just to me I went all out dressed up. dress pants, purple dress shirt, yadda yadda. Now she was wearing a dress, as well her some of her friends. That's was a good time. Anyway, i guess I could talk to her about it, but the problem she thinks i like one of her friends. Sheeesh, I had to lead her off my trail. So I wonder is she wants me. So now I'm confused with her and the fact she might like me. Ok my head hurts.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
S
Companion
Companion
S
From your active involvement in a church I would assume you are a Christian, have you prayed about this? I know before I met and married my husband, I tried to first take it to God. It sounds cliche but it is important. Then if it seems like you are getting the go ahead, talk to her about it. Also, be aware of what others think too, because if godly people in your life are telling you its a bad idea then it probably is, and sometimes we can be too close to the situation to see it. If you do go through with this realize that you will have to hold yourself to a very high standard, dating someone younger.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: lwhuntley4
Well since her mom is Russian, and more on the serious side it might be kind of difficult. Epically since I'm gonna turn 20 in just a couple more months. her parents like me and stuff, ...

Do you think that they have any idea that you have fallen for their daughter?

Friend
OP Offline
Friend
I've prayed about a lot of things epically this. The signs as of right now, aren't as clear as I would want them to be, but something tells me to go to her. I want god to lead to my one love, but this is really weird to me, to be dating someone is who is 4 years younger than me.

Originally Posted By: Sherby'sMom
Then if it seems like you are getting the go ahead, talk to her about it. Also, be aware of what others think too, because if godly people in your life are telling you its a bad idea then it probably is, and sometimes we can be too close to the situation to see it.

Oh yea, i totally agree on that. Girls in my youth group can be quiet....uhhh how to put this. Like there be a guy that be good looking to their eye, but they know he's a bad guy, so they try to avoid him at all costs. then there are the girls in youth group that are picky with which guys they want.

Originally Posted By: PDM
Originally Posted By: lwhuntley4
Well since her mom is Russian, and more on the serious side it might be kind of difficult. Epically since I'm gonna turn 20 in just a couple more months. her parents like me and stuff, ...

Do you think that they have any idea that you have fallen for their daughter?

I don't think they have any idea fallen for their daughter. I try not to lead people on to things unless i want them to. Now then i make a mistake somewhere while trying not to lead them on, and they spread the word or whatever. It's actually quite how I have to protect secrets that should not be revealed yet.

Anyway I do wonder though, how her parents would take a 20 year old dating their 16 year old daughter. maybe I should it off, I'm not in a hurry to get into a relationship. besides, I'm getting a lot more things done being single. So yea, I think I could wait. But now what if someone found out. I might be in a bad position for this. One, because her parents don't know yet, two, dopes she like me, for who I am, or is she picky with her choosing. Anyway, only time will tell right now. but what to do is someone did found out?

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Well, you cannot help who you find attractive.
That's life.
It's how you respond to those feelings that is 'the thing'.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site