RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Perhaps you should ask your parents how they feel about it, if their approval is important to you.

I'm guessing that the approval of the girl's parents would be important.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
S
SDG Offline
S
Well parents can have a huge impact, especially since the girl in question is a bit younger than yourself.

Its an honest concern. If I had a teenage daughter, I wouldn't want her to date anyone up to a year older, but honestly, it does happen a lot.

I am not a parent, so I don't know how parenting works, I'd be worthless to try and explain anything with that.

From your parents standpoint, do you think they would take your dating a younger girl badly? If so, why?

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Well lets see. My parents. Negotiable, cool(somewhat), doesn't seem to like my music that much. I think my dad knows I like this girl cause he saw my background and it had a picture of her on it. So I'm guessing he has a hunch and he's waiting on me to say something, which is always scary.

Mom, might approve, but may limit the dates at houses only for a while. Actually my dad may do that too. So I'm trying to the best I can to be the man i can be towards girls like her. Cause a lot of the other guys at my church can just be little immature. Like last night one of them rubbed their beard in one girls face. She didn't seem to like that too much. So I just gave her a hug.

Anyway It is a good idea to get her parents permission first, I don't know how's it's going to work out, but I'll notify yall when and how it went down.

I wonder though, how this would affect my life. My wallet. I'm still out of the job. trying to get a job at Best Buy. I'm determined to get that job though. Anyway, I'll talk to her parents maybe in a week, or this Sunday. I dunno, I'll figure it out soon enough.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Love one another, and God
S
SDG Offline
S
Just tell them straight up. Tell them you like this girl, but that she's a little younger than you. See what they say. I doubt they'll try to halt your attempts, though they may want to speak about the whys and hows.

Oh, and I wouldn't call rubbing a beard on a girl's face immature. In fact, a lot of girls like attention like that. I do that a lot when I have stubble. To be completely honest, all people just like to have fun, some may see it as immature, but in reality, it all plays into attraction. Now if she doesn't like it that's another thing.

Teasing, playing tricks, misleading information, and especially physical contact are all things people do with each other, not at ALL are they immature. Now if the girl doesn't LIKE these things that's something completely different. But it all comes down to attracting behavior and pretty much being yourself. If you're not the type that likes to tease girls, play tricks, give her a hard time (in a playful way) or anything like that then that's not a part of your persona, and that's fine. All I'm saying is, if you see behavior like this with girls and guys, they may be more into each other than you think.

As for getting her parents permission, if that's what you would like to do, then yes go ahead. Its noble and straight-forward. However, it doesn't guarantee a yes, nor does it guarantee that you'll be liked by them, and maybe not even by the girl either. I would suggest that you speak to her first, at least to find out if she would even be willing to consider going anywhere with you at all. You get what I mean?

To give an example:

- You wanna buy a car.

- You find one you really like.

- Instead of spending time with the car (aka; test driving) you decide to speak to the retailer.

- The retailer says sure, buy it.

- When you finally buy it, you find out the car is messed up.

My point is, you may get the permission from the parents, you may not. However, if the girl isn't even interested in going out with you, it would be wasted time. I would suggest that you find out where you stand with her FIRST, before you find out where you stand with her parents.

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Good idea. I don't see her until Sunday. So i guess I got time to get my words straight. About the car example. That was a bad example to use on me. i just bought a car full knowing of some problem in it(nothing i couldn't fix though), but there were problem with it. Still it was a good example and you are right. I guess I can get her alone for a bit and maybe, just maybe, i can pull myself together and talk to her about it. And yes i would like to get her parents permission. I think it would be wise to do so, just because they know I have interest in their daughter. I just hope they can take it well. I really hope they do, then again, I wouldn't want to waste her time and break her heart. Though, I'm not that kind of guy. Anyway, i need to plan asking her out. I'll post my plan here sometime soon.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
It rained. Now my flowers bushes can grow some flowers now. YEA!! Just another part to my plan.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmkp2Cap6K8

What do yall think if i sent this song to her.
It's called "She is Beautiful" by Children of Bodom.
originally done by Andrew W.K.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
OK guys. Sorry I've been out for awhile working on trying find work. Anyway, I made my first move to getting that girl. It's a small move, but i think it helps the situation. She has older brother who is a prince, like he never has to work at a real job so he does volunteer work at the church like I do in the children church. Well i tell him that I liked his little sister. He seemed to be a bit of a shock, but then again, he seemed happy that his little sister has an admirer(that is not a secret. well at least to him). Anyway, He said,"I dunno what to say." and we both kind of chuckled about it. He said he wouldn't tell her or anyone else until I was ready to tell her. So i guess he's cool with it. Now that just leaves the parents. Speaking of leaves, everyone enjoying their fall?

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hope things go well.

Autumn leaves are beautiful.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
OK. last night at the church, we were having our thanksgiving dinner. So last night everyone who signed up to bring a dish, brought a dish. The food was awesome to put it a way so cool. Anyway, after i was done, i decided to work on my computer for alittle bit while everyone was still finishing up. While this was happening i found a orange strip of paper. ON one side i wrote I like "girls name". and on the other side i wrote TO:"Girls mother's name". Now i wasn't planning on giving this to her, but while i was helping cleaning up, someone found it and gave it to her. I didn't realize this until i saw her with it. Now she's keeping a close on a few of guys, including me. What if she finds out it is me? I'm not ready for her to find out that it is me. Atleast not yet. i mean, i might what it takes, but I wanna get rid of this belly, or what my sister would call it,"beer belly". I don't drink beer, but apaerntly it looks that way. SO now i'm having amp up my work out sessions. maybe I'll lose 10 lbs before Dec.12.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site