RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Soulmate
Soulmate
It is definitely good to wait for a while until you have savings and a house and money saved for the baby stuff not to mention health insurance to have children. It isn't that people aren't ready emotionally. Things can happen and when money problems enter the picture, stress can destroy any relationship. Believe it or not, making sure you both are on the same wave length when it comes to things like child rearing can be more important that some of the personal things between the two of you. When you have children, you will have all of the motherly instincts kick in and you will definitely want to know he is diciplining and treating your children the way you like. First things first though. It is good to wait for the most important reason, and that is that your friends and the announcement he made the other day has shown you one truth. That truth is that you can never take anything for granted but time makes your judgement a little more reliable. I was married at 18 after knowing my husband four months. If I had it to do over again, I would have waited and I would have listened to that voice in my head that didn't like the arguing and thought there was something wrong. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks except you. By the way, you describe the people who dropped him as friends and you refer to the girl that tried to stab you in the back as a friend. We used to refer to those kinds of friends as "fair weather" and "back stabbers" when I was dateing. In my opinion young love is hard enough without friends like that and your better off without them. I am sure that making an effort to find new friends in common will only cement the bond between you since guy's like to have friends as much as we do. It will probably fill a void left by his best friends.(so called)

Cookie and Sweetie
G
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
G
Yeah, I definitely planned on waiting to have kids until I could afford them and was ready ALL around for them. Nothing soon. I have college =D. But not when i am too much older. yeah the "friends" we had weren't that great, but we were happy with them until they were..jerks. The irony, his ex best friend is dating my ex best friend. hmmm. I think my ex friend effected things between them, whether she admits it or not, i think she did something there. because I always liked his friend. mutual friends are good though.

G
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
G
I feel awful thatit happened that way =[. It hurt him even if he says it doesn't bother him and he could care less, I know it bothers him. It hurts me to see that =[. I have known my ex friend was full of it. It was only a matter of time until she did something like that. Before I left for Spain I told matt to stay away from her because I feared she would do something like that, and she did. But his friend and him had been friends for a long time, my friend and I had too, but I feel like they were closer to brothers. They even LOOKED alike. It makes me sad, I wish I could fix things for him.

Soulmate
Soulmate
I am going to take a wild guess here. I think your friend had designs on your guy and when he didn't take the bait she took his best friend and poisoned their friendship out of spite. She is bad news and I would stay away from her. She will burn her bridges with the best friend and he will see her for who she is. She probably told her boyfriend that your boyfriend made a pass at her. There are women out there that are snakes. Give it time and it will fix itself. Until then, no one will probably be able to convince him that she is two faced.

Cookie and Sweetie
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I agree with joanandboys.Your so called friend probably did have the hots for your Matt. She sounds like a total back stabbing B**** to me. Good riddance! I also think that if Matt's best friend was really that close a friend, he will see the light about this girl soon enough.You can't fix the friendship for him..they'll have to work it out themselves.
Don't let what your ex friend said about you bother you. She was just trying to hurt you so she said the things she knew would hurt the most ie:comparing you to your ex. You Know better than that so don't even listen to the jealous B****.

G
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
G
It makes me laugh that you all came to the same conclusion me and my other friend did. My other friend was so upset about what she did (they don't know eachother) she sent her an IM telling her that sorry she liked matt and maybe his looks weren't her friends ideal guy for her, but if she kept trying to get into my relationship she was going to lose. I laughed. It's true. I do think she liked matt because he is a NICE guy. his best friendish thing isn't exactly the nicest boyfriend. When we would hang out together he would pick on her and be mean in ways that weren't always friendly and then she would see Matt and I jjust having a good time enjoying eachothers company. I don't think she ever thought I would get a guy that good to me after my ex.I don't think she would have said anything about matt making a pass at her, her guy knows matt wouldn't do that, he knows how matt feels about her (which is VERY badly). What I think is that she would talk me down to him, telling him bad things and what an awful person I am, and it would make him mad that matt would stay with me. She is a snake...it's sad though, we were friends for 7 years. since the end of 5th grade. In a way though, I think her and his best friend are made for eachother, they both have vile personalities. He is mean to her, and she lets him walk all over her, she loves to cause drama and problems for other people. it's like what goes around comes around. She will not get matt. haha. even on the off chance we broke up, he really never cared a whole lot for her, he was just nice for my behalf, which I gladly told her that night we had the talk. I know it's mean, but I had to tell her that matt doesn't even like her, which was true. I don't think she believed me. ha. =D

G
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
G
the irony about that girl, she claims to be "anti-drama". Yet she goes around and causes drama for other people. It's annoying. However, my life is much more peaceful now that I am purged of her =D

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site