Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: xin
... can someone enlighten me on how long a courtship should last w/o appearing too rushed? ...

What do you mean?
Before what?

(By the way, could you please not use 'text speak' ~ thanks smile )

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
G
Friend
Friend
G
But lately I've been considering askin her if she does talk to her other guy friends abt me as well, the way she keeps talking abt them to me. Do you think that is advisable?

Ask her maybe in a joking way. Don't get all serious about it. I don't know how to explain what I am trying to say but for example when she brings up her other guy friends say "jeez do you talk about me this much too?" or something goofy but not overly serious because if you are too serious it may make her feel like you are jealous, or that you don't like her talking about them (which you don't like, but she doesn't NEED to know that haha).

Hopefully that made some sort of sense.

G
Friend
Friend
G
Oh and I forgot to add, if she seems really shocked that you asked that or she seems not so happy about it, just sort of chuckle and say oh I was just teasing you..or something along the lines of I was just kidding haha. It might help to quickly resolve a potentially awkward moment smile

S
SDG Offline
S
Originally Posted By: PDM
Originally Posted By: SDG
....- Ello luv (in a British accent)...

????? confused
Any particular British accent???

I can't say the normal accent since well... there's many kinds. I guess I don't know, other than the ones I hear on tv. I'll tell you one thing though, a guy with a strong Texas accent (myself) trying to impersonate a British accent is incredibly funny I've heard.

Originally Posted By: Carl
I am a firm believer - through experience - that being authentically yourself, and not being afraid to show who you are, is far better than "technique" or "style."

And you know what? There are others that will like the you that you are.

I agree, but what I like to stress is to mainly be yourself, but always have the option to learn new things to add to your personality. To make is shine more. Not just with dating, but with everything in general.

To SDG,

dun worry abt being blunt~ I'm more than happy to get all e help I can on this, haha :P

I'm glad, there are many people on this forum that are very insightful, I owe a certain few for regaining myself back.

Anyway, I'm really clueless when it comes to feelings.. yup, even my own. Love is such a big word, and I admit I dun dare to use it here. I barely dare to use e word 'like', for that matter, lol.

However, I feel happy and have that warm fuzzy sweet feelin when I'm with her. So umm, I feel I like her, though I cant and dunno how to confirm it.

In order to find what you're looking for, you have to first acknowledge and know what it is.

You have to like her at least, not love, not yet anyway. If you don't, then nothing anyone can say or do will have any impact.

I only know that continuing to resist this feeling achieves nothing

Let me give you a piece of advice... you live only once.

The worst thing that could happen is that she rejects you, but you'll bounce back. Nothing can fill the void of never knowing the what if's, could of's and should of's.

if one day I realised with hindsight that she is really the right gal for me, I would kill myself. Over n over again. Lol XD

You never know... but I would hope you wouldn't kill yourself.

I need your golden words of wisdom too! haha, I'll pm u ^^

If you need any help, of course, I can try my best.

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site