Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: birdygirly016
.... the situation was not resolved as speedily as it should have been, ... but it's over now =D)
Pleased to hear it smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
G
Friend
Friend
G
Confidence is a good thing, but sometimes over-confidence may come off as cockiness that not all women like. But you are right, a confident person will usually go fat smile

And PDM, everyone is glad to hear that it's over especially me laugh

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
I am a firm believer - through experience - that being authentically yourself, and not being afraid to show who you are, is far better than "technique" or "style."

And you know what? There are others that will like the you that you are.

Marge is the love of my life.
X
xin Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Thank you for your fast reply! smile

What you've said makes sense, and so I've dcided to do something and go for it to prevent any regrets in future! I'm goin to ask her out a few more times first, den if all goes well I'll try the question, emphasizin the 'if we cant be together we can still b friends' part, haha.

I juz hope this will b enuff to keep e awkwardness at bay if this does'nt work out >.<

X
xin Offline OP
OP Offline
X
To SDG,

dun worry abt being blunt~ I'm more than happy to get all e help I can on this, haha :P

Anyway, I'm really clueless when it comes to feelings.. yup, even my own. Love is such a big word, and I admit I dun dare to use it here. I barely dare to use e word 'like', for that matter, lol.

However, I feel happy and have that warm fuzzy sweet feelin when I'm with her. So umm, I feel I like her, though I cant and dunno how to confirm it. I only know that continuing to resist this feeling achieves nothing, n if one day I realised with hindsight that she is really the right gal for me, I would kill myself. Over n over again. Lol XD

I need your golden words of wisdom too! haha, I'll pm u ^^

X
xin Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Hi birdygirly,

thanks for sharing your story, it's really helpful for me to hear a gal's own experience regardin my dilemna. I'm glad ur ordeal is over for u now smile

The girl n I did chat abt her relationship stuff b4 (though only a few times), mainly because we were in that topic area and I wanna know more abt her. But lately I've been considering askin her if she does talk to her other guy friends abt me as well, the way she keeps talking abt them to me. Do you think that is advisable?

X
xin Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Hi PDM,

Haha, thx 4 helpin out!

'May I ask a few questions?'
You could ask a million questions, its just whether they will be answered XD
Juz kiddin, haha laugh

'Since you are are at school together, I'm guessing that you are teenagers. Do you mind saying how old you are, please? '
Hmm, sorry.. I actually do mind, lol. Even though I really think of age as juz a number, I would'nt like anyone to biase their advice because of my age. It's because I am quite abit older than her.. and that had been a cause for concern to me as well. But since I'm accepted by my friends and classmates alike, I have tried to ignore that demoralising factor successfully, haha. Well, relationship-wise, the girl I like is much more experienced than me anyway coz I don't have a girlfriend before.. XS I hope it will suffice to tell you that we are tertiary students on the verge of jumpin into the rat race.. If school work is of concern, no worries there coz ours are pretty gd smile

Why are you assuming that she rejected someone?
Are you convincing yourself that she rejects boys who declare romantic feelings for her, or do you have a good reason for thinking this?

I think I used the wrong choice of word ('presumably') in my post, haha. Sorry abt that. I know for a fact that she did reject that guy who confessed to her, because she told me so. She did hint that there were other reasons involved too, those of which I didn't press for the details. Anyway, during one of our chats, she told me she was somewhat disappointed in love and would only accept a guy who is pretty much perfect for marriage.. I don't know whether to believe that or it's just a flippant remark.

If you are that close to her, then she is that close to you, too, and she must feel comfortable with it.
Thanks, that's happy to hear ^^ But that's also why I'm so confused! I thought being close to each other already means you like each other, then how come she keeps telling me about these other guys she like.. aaaahh! I dunno what to think, end up thinkin everything, then my head exploded XD

Does she know it's because you are too shy, or may she be thinking that you are not interested in her romantically?
I dunno if she knows I'm too shy or what, but I'm quite certain she knows I like her romantically, because I've done stuff for her that I don't do for other people - small things that hint at my liking. And when all these small things add up, it's pretty obvious. She did ask me a few times if I like another girl (whom I think like me) in class too, but I told her no.

And how do you become an item? ~ It seems, to me, that this is what you would like.
Yup, now that I've thought it through, I want to try going for it in case I regret not doing anything in the future XD

'we were actually mistaken for a couple more than once.'
How did you react to that?
How did she react?
How did she react to your reaction??
And vice versa?

I took a quick glimpse at her in embarrassment and then looked away quickly, could'nt risk her seeing that I am looking at her, lol
She told the people who asked 'no'..
I did'nt see.
My heart cracked.

If she likes a boy, but isn't sure how he feels, she might mention other boys, to see how he responds.
What reaction did she get?
What was your true reaction?
So you are giving ~ and possibly getting ~ mixed messages.

Oh shades, I've gone to think too much and messed up, lol~

X
xin Offline OP
OP Offline
X
I really wanna thank everyone for being such a helpful community and giving all the tips and advice! ^^

Well, for better or for worse, I'm going to try chasing her! I haven done this before in my life, but I think I've watched enough romantic comedies to love someone to death XD

Still.. there no time frame in movies, so can someone enlighten me on how long a courtship should last w/o appearing too rushed? How many times we should go out, etc. I've went out wif her a few times before, but mostly it's either for sch work or with friends. I've resisted asking her out on a real date, but I'm intending to do it sometime soon, haha.

Last edited by xin; 12/07/08 07:04 AM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Carl
I am a firm believer - through experience - that being authentically yourself, and not being afraid to show who you are, is far better than "technique" or "style."

And you know what? There are others that will like the you that you are.

I agree with you 100% on that.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: SDG
....- Ello luv (in a British accent)...

????? confused
Any particular British accent???

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site