Next Thread
Print Thread
#344049 12/28/08 06:02 AM
?
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
?
How can i make my relationship stronger? It seems like that me and my girlfriend are drifting apart. I am so afraid that if we get too distant then i will lose her. I lost her once before and it broke my heart. i couldn't stand having it broken again. Please give me some advice to help us get closer again.

Thank you,
Jasper

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Do you talk?

Go to her, tell her you want a hug. Standing, a full hug, with handrubs on the back, and with no hurrying, and not trying to "make out."

Then sit with her, and share with her what you have just shared with us. Ask her what you can do. Maybe you need regular times of talking. Maybe you need to do things together. Maybe you need to do things she likes to do, or the both of you like.

Do you have financial or other worries that are causing stress? Are you doing things that she may interpret as you don't care as much for her?

Perhaps some renewed commitment on your part is needed.

Also, little romantic and/or thoughtful things can signal to her that you love her, and that she is important to you.

Marge is the love of my life.
Carl #344094 12/28/08 08:47 PM
?
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
?
I should have given a bit more detail. We are only 15 and its a long distance relationship and her parents hardly ever let us get together. We only live 20 miles apart and we text all the time but it still feels like we are drifting away from each other...

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Not your fault. I should not have assumed your age.

I'm not going to say that it's not important - because of your ages. But I will say that the "coming of age" process will bring lots of different experiences to each of you. There will probably be lots of "drifting away" as well as "growing closer" as time goes on.

If the friendship continues, that will be something to be thankful for. If somehow it becomes a thing of the past, then it is also something to be thankful for. It is part of your life.

I think I mentioned that I am 65. While my memory is good, I still remember ALL of the females I have loved. And I treasure all the memories.

May your experiences and memories be good.

Marge is the love of my life.
Carl #344124 12/28/08 10:16 PM
Best Friend
Best Friend
Jasper, you received some very good advice from Carl. I am not as "mature" as my buddy Carl, but I can tell you that after being married for nearly 39 years, it never gets easier. However, I believe my marriage has survived for two reasons; first and foremost there has ALWAYS been good communication; secondly, in the last 30 years we turned our lives over to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. When we established a relationship with God, our marriage grew stronger and has survived thru many trials.

Go with Carl's suggestions. Talk, although some may say it is cheap, it is the cornerstone of every good relationship.

Blessings,

Emilie

To one with faith,no explanation is needed.To one without faith no explanation is possible. Aquinas
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello J.

Yes, I think that Carl's advice is good, even if you can only take advantage of some of it, on the occasions when you meet up.

But the sharing your concerns bit ~ that is still possible.

Do you think that she feels that you are drifting apart, too?

I know how important this relationship is to you and I hope that it will stand the test of time. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site