Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

This Ad Supports Charity
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#345659 - 01/06/09 12:02 PM She's moving away!
Jeff Ramsdell Offline

I've been dating a wonderfull woman,who I've gotten very close to and very fond of,but she may be moving to West Virginia next month.I don't like the idea of a long distance relationship,but she's only going to be there 6-8 months,then will be back.Has anyone done this and can it work?I can take 2 weekends a month to go down to see her,and she may do the same.Any advice or insight would be appreciated!

Add She's moving away! to Twitter Add She's moving away! to Facebook Add She's moving away! to MySpace Add She's moving away! to Del.icio.us Digg She's moving away! Add She's moving away! to Yahoo My Web Add She's moving away! to Google Bookmarks Add She's moving away! to Stumbleupon Add She's moving away! to Reddit
#345673 - 01/06/09 01:11 PM Re: She's moving away! [Re: Jeff Ramsdell]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Hello Jeff & welcome. smile

My Mum is from Wales. My Dad met her when he went down there to work. When the job was over, he returned to the Midlands.

After that, and until Mum moved up here to marry Dad, he used to go down, on the train, at weekends, to see her, and she would come up to Birmingham, during her holidays, to see him.

It worked perfectly well for them.
A few months isn't very long, if this is the real thing.

Good luck!

Add Re: She's moving away! to Twitter Add Re: She's moving away! to Facebook Add Re: She's moving away! to MySpace Add Re: She's moving away! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: She's moving away! Add Re: She's moving away! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: She's moving away! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: She's moving away! to Stumbleupon Add Re: She's moving away! to Reddit
#345674 - 01/06/09 01:11 PM Re: She's moving away! [Re: Jeff Ramsdell]
joandboys Offline
Soulmate

Loc: New York
Many people have met long distance and started life long relationships this way. During world war two half the people in relationships were living like this for much longer periods. Love conquers all. If there is something real there it will survive. It also makes the together time seem much more precious. "Abscence makes the heart grow fonder"

Cookie and Sweetie

Add Re: She's moving away! to Twitter Add Re: She's moving away! to Facebook Add Re: She's moving away! to MySpace Add Re: She's moving away! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: She's moving away! Add Re: She's moving away! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: She's moving away! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: She's moving away! to Stumbleupon Add Re: She's moving away! to Reddit
#345676 - 01/06/09 01:16 PM Re: She's moving away! [Re: PDM]
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: n.y
welcome to the forum.time and space cannot stop a solid relationship.she won't be gone that long it will just seem that way.traveling back and forth to see each other will only help to strengthen it.

#345702 - 01/06/09 05:04 PM Re: She's moving away! [Re: big bad momma]
Jeff Ramsdell Offline

Thank you all for your support.I am going to do whatever it takes to keep from loosing her.I've nevr felt so strong about anyone.I think you're right-the distance won't be so bad,since it won't be forever.We'll just have to make the most of the time we can share.

#345742 - 01/06/09 09:45 PM Re: She's moving away! [Re: Jeff Ramsdell]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Gator Country, Florida - USA
Good for you, Jeff. If your hearts are close, the distance will only make you miss each other more. You'll be doing something, or thinking about something, and think, "Oh, I want to tell her about this!"

And if you don't feel those kinds of things, then that will tell you something, also.

#345991 - 01/08/09 03:40 PM Re: She's moving away! [Re: Carl]
Jeff Ramsdell Offline

Good advice Carl,Thanks!I was talking with a freind today,and he pointed out that I should look at it from her perspective.She had planned this a while ago,then I come into the picture and complicate things.I just want her to be happy and do what's best for herself.If that includes me,then that's great.If not,she's someone I'll never forget and consider myself blessed to have known her I'll have to take a leap of faith and keep it alive as long as I can.

#346042 - 01/08/09 07:29 PM Re: She's moving away! [Re: Jeff Ramsdell]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

That's a good way of looking at things ~ good luck! smile

#346941 - 01/14/09 10:41 PM Re: She's moving away! [Re: PDM]
Jeff Ramsdell Offline

Thanks,everyone.Just to clarify things:we're both in our 40's,and have kids.Relocating for me would not work,since I have joint custody with my ex.Her son is 18 and can go wherever he wants to.
It seems like most of the people posting here are very young.Everyone seems so supportive,understanding and accepting.I'm glad I found this site!

#346973 - 01/15/09 06:28 AM Re: She's moving away! [Re: Jeff Ramsdell]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Not everyone is 'very young' Jeff ~ not sure about Big Bad Momma, but Joandboys, Carl, and I are older than you ~ so, while there are a lot of youngsters on the site, there are plenty of more mature members too smile

I hope that it all works out well for you smile

Please feel free to join in with out discussions ~ you will be most welcome.
Have a read through the threads and get a feel for the place first smile

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
07/30/14 05:49 PM
A Sense of Duty
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 10:48 PM
Into The Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 05:42 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/28/14 02:47 PM
Perfect FREE Summer reading!
by Lisa Shea
07/26/14 03:21 AM
Help Talking on the phone with a girl
by shooting_star_ga
07/19/14 03:04 PM
Himalayan Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/18/14 09:21 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors