RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#345659 01/06/09 05:02 PM
J
OP Offline
J
I've been dating a wonderfull woman,who I've gotten very close to and very fond of,but she may be moving to West Virginia next month.I don't like the idea of a long distance relationship,but she's only going to be there 6-8 months,then will be back.Has anyone done this and can it work?I can take 2 weekends a month to go down to see her,and she may do the same.Any advice or insight would be appreciated!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Jeff & welcome. smile

My Mum is from Wales. My Dad met her when he went down there to work. When the job was over, he returned to the Midlands.

After that, and until Mum moved up here to marry Dad, he used to go down, on the train, at weekends, to see her, and she would come up to Birmingham, during her holidays, to see him.

It worked perfectly well for them.
A few months isn't very long, if this is the real thing.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Soulmate
Soulmate
Many people have met long distance and started life long relationships this way. During world war two half the people in relationships were living like this for much longer periods. Love conquers all. If there is something real there it will survive. It also makes the together time seem much more precious. "Abscence makes the heart grow fonder"

Cookie and Sweetie
PDM #345676 01/06/09 06:16 PM
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
welcome to the forum.time and space cannot stop a solid relationship.she won't be gone that long it will just seem that way.traveling back and forth to see each other will only help to strengthen it.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
J
OP Offline
J
Thank you all for your support.I am going to do whatever it takes to keep from loosing her.I've nevr felt so strong about anyone.I think you're right-the distance won't be so bad,since it won't be forever.We'll just have to make the most of the time we can share.

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Good for you, Jeff. If your hearts are close, the distance will only make you miss each other more. You'll be doing something, or thinking about something, and think, "Oh, I want to tell her about this!"

And if you don't feel those kinds of things, then that will tell you something, also.

Marge is the love of my life.
Carl #345991 01/08/09 08:40 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Good advice Carl,Thanks!I was talking with a freind today,and he pointed out that I should look at it from her perspective.She had planned this a while ago,then I come into the picture and complicate things.I just want her to be happy and do what's best for herself.If that includes me,then that's great.If not,she's someone I'll never forget and consider myself blessed to have known her I'll have to take a leap of faith and keep it alive as long as I can.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That's a good way of looking at things ~ good luck! smile

PDM #346941 01/15/09 03:41 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks,everyone.Just to clarify things:we're both in our 40's,and have kids.Relocating for me would not work,since I have joint custody with my ex.Her son is 18 and can go wherever he wants to.
It seems like most of the people posting here are very young.Everyone seems so supportive,understanding and accepting.I'm glad I found this site!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Not everyone is 'very young' Jeff ~ not sure about Big Bad Momma, but Joandboys, Carl, and I are older than you ~ so, while there are a lot of youngsters on the site, there are plenty of more mature members too smile

I hope that it all works out well for you smile

Please feel free to join in with out discussions ~ you will be most welcome.
Have a read through the threads and get a feel for the place first smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site