RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Great Friend
Great Friend
Niki, I hope things get better for you dear!

I too have been very stressed about debt. My parents were both ruined by debt in their twenties. When they divorced, my dad filed for bankruptcy, my mom didn't. Both have been doing badly since. Neither owns their home, my dad is deep in dbt again and my mom cant even open a bank account. I swore I would never end up that way. I have 3 credut cards now, and a total of almost $1,300.00 credit card debt. I guess its not so bad compared to a lot of people, but for me its really scary. And I really dont use the cards for extravagant or frivilous things - thats the food on my family's table. In addition, my uncle has loaned me $3,500.00 in the past two years, $1,700 of which I still owe and I havent been able to pay himat all lately. I am behind on some of my bills, too. Im hoping for a good tax refund so I can pay off some of this mountain of debt. I'm only 18 years old for God's sake!

Earlier this year I was doing a lot better. My boyfriend and I got an apartment in September, and he was laid off his job 2 days into the move frown. To compensate, I had to leave my job (which I loved) and take a higher paying job that I dont like. My boyfriend watches my daughter durign the day because daycare is almost as much as my rent. Once spring comes, he should have his job back (construction) and we plan on working to pay off soem debt and save up money to buy a house within the next year or two.

The whole point of my long story is that we work together. There are times when I wish I could stay home, and he wishes he could be out being the breadwinner, but after a lot of fighting and problems due to his depression, we have both found that helping and supporting each other is getting us through this hard time. Sure, its difficult, but in the end, what is really important? You, your health, you well being, and the health and well being of the ones you love. If you and your husband can work together on this, instead of fighting, you will find you are a lot happier and that the glass may begin to look half full again.

Is there any way you can get a part time job? How is your health? May I ask what it is that is wrong? Is there anything you could do from home? Even a hobby, as someone else suggested, may help you feel better, and if you are doing better, it will most likely improve yoru relationship with your husband. Please let us know how it is going, and you can always PM me if you need to talk to someone.

Take care.

Maggie

~ Maggie
Mama to Juliana Elise (03/07), Wesley Dominick (06/10) and four feathered 'tielbabies!
Niki Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Thanks Maggie, that actually really brightened my day. I was afraid to look back at this topic really and that helped.

I'm not sure what's wrong with me health wise. I have chronic anemia that doesn't seem to go away, but they can't test to find out why because those tests would cost too much and I don't have the insurance for the treatment anyway! I have lazy T-cells also. I think I'm on top of the anemia right now because of the blood transfusion, but it's so hard to keep up on!

I am taking an online course to learn Medical Transcription which I am so thrilled about. My mother and grandmother do it, and all think it will be great for me because of my typing speed. However it will be a few months before that training is done, and cost us 2k. I was thinking of just doing another cashier job until that pulls through.... but I've done SO many years of cashiering I just might go insane if I do it again. I'm good at it, and can promote myself quite quickly though... so I think I just might do it.

I have to call the hospital too... they told me something about a sliding scale charge then never got back to me. But I have calling creditors and collections, they make you feel like xxxx, they want to know EVERYTHING about your life, and I just don't feel up to it.

I also have 360+ poems I've written that my husband tells me I should try to publish. But simply don't know how and think it might cost more than it's worth. Who buys poetry anymore anyway?

Last edited by PDM; 01/16/09 12:38 AM.
Great Friend
Great Friend
I buy poetry! I love poetry! Maybe you should enter in a writing contest! You can find them online alot. I used to do it a lot in highschool. Some of them offer cash prizes too!

Im glad to hear that I could help. Also, if your so quick at typing, couldnt you get a secretary kind of job, even part time? I got my first secretary job with essentially no experience, and now I'm working for a law firm as a legal assistant. Even if its not what you want to do forever, its worth a shot. Also,you should check into the hosptials sliding scale. It really might be worth it. You could also check into your state's health programs, depending on how much your family's income is, you might be eligible for medical assistance or something. Every state is different, so its worth checking into. I know here in Maryland, they have a pretty good program, especially for children and pregnant women.

I hope things start looking up with your health, and you relationship with your husband. You both really need each other and if a relationship can survive tough financial times, IMO, it can survive anything. Money problems bring out the worst in everyone!

Last edited by Amaggiepie; 01/15/09 05:31 PM.

~ Maggie
Mama to Juliana Elise (03/07), Wesley Dominick (06/10) and four feathered 'tielbabies!
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Maggie, you give good advice. I'm glad you're here on this board.

Marge is the love of my life.
Great Friend
Great Friend
Awwww blush Thanks Carl. This board has given me a lot of good advice, so I try to help out too, when I can. I love being here too! Ive gotten to meet a lot of great people here!

~ Maggie
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site