Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#355289 03/09/09 02:37 AM
G
Ghost19 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So i just met this girl and i invited her to a movie. I admit we moved fast. We did your usual bf/gf stuff. Cuddle, hold hands, made out. (as i said, fast). I was feeling good so i thought of taking a risk. I asked her out to be more than just...friends. That was pretty stupid of me. When i asked her, she giggle/laugh while saying "Can I get back to you on that"? A week passed and i texted her a couple of times and i asked her if she would like to go do something again when i get back from vacation. She said ya sure. I can see this a good thing but i still have some form of doubt. Should i continue to try or just burn the bridge. After all, i made a huge mistake. Plz help

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Ghost19.
Welcome to the forum smile

I'm a bit confused.

You asked a girl out, she accepted, you kissed and cuddled ~ and then you asked her to be more than just friends and she said that she'd have to let you know about that.

I'm over 50, but back in my day, if a boy asked a girl out, and she accepted, then, unless it was stipulated that they were just going somewhere as friends, they were dating; boyfriend & girlfriend. If they were just friends, then there was no hand-holding and kissing.

So I don't think you took a risk by asking her to be your girlfriend, rather than a friend; I think that you were reacting to the way that things were going: ~ she was on a date with you, she was kissing you ~ or allowing you to kiss her.

Maybe things did move a bit fast ~ in that you had only just met, when you went out ~ and kissed & cuddled; so maybe she thought that it would be wise to slow things down a bit, and think about the situation before making any further decisions about this new relationship.

So, maybe you both moved too fast, but that does not mean that you were 'stupid', or that you made 'a huge mistake', when you asked her to be your girlfriend (I assume that this is what you mean). If you were 'stupid' and made 'a mistake', then she did, too.

Whether she will want to go out with you again, or, alternatively, regret moving too fast, before, I don't know. She may mean that she wants to see you again, or she may not.

Maybe you could just suggest starting again. Say that you think things moved too fast for a first date, and would she like to go somewhere as just friends, so that you can get to know each other better, before deciding whether further dating was a likelihood.

Then just wait and see if / how she responds smile

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
C
C
you didnt make a huge mistake just a little one i agree with pdm that you should txt her and tell her that things moved a little to fast and that youd like to see her again most likely the only reason she said that shes going to get back to you is because she barely knows you as of right now and doesnt want to get caught up in somthing that most likely wont work so give it time and hang out a few more times before you ask her about her feelings again

Soulmate
Soulmate
I think what you are saying is that you regret asking her to be more than a casual date.

Now that you have asked her, you don't know how to turn the heat down on the relationship until you are sure you want to be more than friends.

I think the way to approach it would be to ask her out and if the subject comes up you can explain that you want to take it slow and date her and see if the two of you really click as a couple.

You didn't go into great detail about what "more than just a friend meant and until she gets back to you you are not "going steady" or "engaged" and your explanation will let her know you are interested in seeing where it can go.

Cookie and Sweetie

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site