Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Elle Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hi Kelsey thanks for responding. Uh well here's an update. I have seen him lots of times since my last post since we work together but um I haven't told him anything. The one thing I will mention is that one of his friends just out the blue teased me about the shirt I was wearing and asked me if I was wearing it for the guy I like. I was totally shocked because I didn't even know that particular friend of his and we barely speak to each other. So I just smile and laugh it off. The guy I like is being his same old self nagging and picking with me for apparently no reason. He has started emailing me though. he always ask me about my family and how school is going.

His birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I wanted to make him a copy of my Motown collection since he likes old school music but most of the songs are about love or heart ache and I don't want him to think I am trying to send him a message. I am just so stuck on what to get him. It's either that or a Barnes and nobles gift card or a charity gift card or just a card. Any ideas?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Go with what your heart tells you smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
E
Elle Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Another update. So he's going away to a place that shall go unnamed for the summer..maybe longer. he leaves next week actually. His best friend gave him a going away party and so he invited me. He finally gave me his number. his friends were super nice to me and are really cool people. But I really didn't expect anything less because he's a really good guy.I had such a great time we talked easily and laughed alot..but I always laugh when I am with him.They had guitar hero or something it's called. So he taught me how to play the different instruments and he sung and dedicated "the eye of the tiger to me", during the part where just the beat was playing he said "I dedicate this song to "my name", my eye of the tiger." I'm not sure what that means, though.His best friend's wife started taking pictures so he came and sat beside me and she told him to put his arm around me, so he did rather fast and awkwardly though lol I was too stunned to smile. So I don't think the picture came out great, though I never saw it. But he kept trying to take a picture of me with his cell phone but for some reason him having a jacked up picture of me on his phone was not high on my to do list so I blocked every time he tried to take a picture and laughed and told him cell phones take xxxxxx pictures of people. He stopped trying. Then I thought maybe I should have just let him take the stupid picture. Ugh I can be retarded sometimes.

Later in the evening his friend joked that we should play spin the bottle but his wife and I were the only females there. And his wife was like yeah that will happen. And I laughed. The guy I liked was like yeah we should play spin the bottle and then he looked over at me and smiled. I gave him a look like "yeah right" and he laughed. He has a jacked up sense of humor. lol

It was really late when my friend decided he wanted to leave so of course I followed suit. He offered me a ride to the metro but not before he said something about eating too much candy and that now he was going to be up for the rest of the night.

The drive to the metro was filled with us bantering about the choice of song on the radio but the goodbye was awkward. I wanted to hangout longer but was too chicken to ask because it was after 12:00 a.m. and and I had already spent five hours with him.He asked if I had a good time and I told him I did and mumbled a quick keep in touch. And that was that! And now I am more confused than ever! frown

Last edited by PDM; 07/04/09 12:12 AM.
Best Friend
Best Friend
Greetings! I've read your posts. I hope I'm not leaping into your discussion unwarranted.

I have to agree with everyone's opinion that this gentleman likes you. From what you've said above, I can see some obvious clues. Sometimes even just saying "I'll be up all night!" can be an invitation to spend more time with you.

I used to be a traditionalist when it came to men. I demanded they be the man and ask me out, be the first to kiss, yada yada. Until I met my now husband. Haha. I've been quite the assertive one since day one, and was his first kiss. Sometimes it pays off to be the one to push the envelope.

You say that he doesn't seem the type to be chicken.. but I'm not so sure. I have a former co-worker who is the most sarcastic, teasing, violent guy I know. For the first 2 years of knowing him, I always thought he was pretty seductive when it came to women and very assertive. I've known him 4 years now or so, and was astonished to find out that not only is he extremely shy with women, but was a virgin until just recently. I was shocked. But looking back in retrospect, the sarcasm, the teasing, the show-off attitude is easily a cover up for me. They can act assertive because they have to,but deep inside, they're scared!

Anyway. Yeah... unfortunately with this going away for the summer thing.. it seems like it'll be a while until you talk to him again. But I think when he does get back, it'll open up a big window for you. What if he missed you? wink

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Can you see him before he goes ~ just to say goodbye and have a coffee, perhaps?
Can you keep in touch over the summer ~ letters/ emails / facebook etc?
It does seems that he likes you, so, if you like him too, it would be a shame to lose touch.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
E
Elle Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Nikki,
Thank you soo much for trying to help me. I love your wedding photo by the way. Yeah one of my friends told me that she thinks that when he said he was going to be up the rest of the night that he was trying to let me know he wanted to hangout longer....but if he was I totally missed it. lol Ugh. It just seems like we both some how drop the ball when we are together. He's too scared and maybe he's too scared or not interested. I'm not exactly sure which it is.

Last edited by Elle; 07/04/09 12:56 AM.
E
Elle Offline OP
OP Offline
E
PDM,

Thanks for responding. We can definitely keep in touch I have his email, his cell and his Myspace. He's suppose to be getting facebook before he leaves because his best friend said it was my job to make sure he gets one before he leaves (I honestly don't know why he thinks I have more influence over him then he does when his best friend has known him way longer than I have.) But anyway I talked to him about getting Facebook and he said he would. I mean I probably could see him before he leaves but that would involve me asking him to hangout. If he wanted to see me wouldn't he ask me?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site