Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I do lists ~ with the occasional note.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I try to keep two lists. One of must-do items so it's short and I can get through it. Then a second list has longer term items so that way if I do something on that list it's an added bonus, and if things stay on there for a day or two, then that is quite fine.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
Aside from lists, everyone, do you ever tape yourself up little notes for any reason?

For example, I have one up to remind myself of my goals to be peaceful and serene.

Do people put up reminder notes, or notes with goals on them?

BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
Originally Posted By: tweetymom
If I do not get to something, I cross it out with x marks, so I know it will go on the list for tomorrow. THings I got done, I check it and draw a line through it.

Sounds like the Franklin system to me.

BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
The only notes I use are MUST REMEMBER items. Those notes I either put them on my keys, on the front door or on my steering wheel.

J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I remember Lisa telling me to make a note for myself saying something like, "Be Happy!"

I think I should make something like that again. Where should I put it to see it - it would need to be apart from the zillions of to do lists that are out and about.

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Yes I'm definitely a strong proponent of feel-good notes. The world is not necessarily going to help you feel good - it's in your own hands!

I have a "125!!" note on my bathroom mirror to help me focus on achieving a healthy weight smile

My cell phone message says "smile!" - it's amazing how your body reacts to your facial muscles smiling. Studies prove it really does release stress, just to smile.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
Lisa, that sounds helpful!

I know putting up those pretty little signs from the dollar store that say Peace and Happiness, with nice Chinese characters, is a big help to me.

I also have a wall in my bedroom covered with little cards and notes people have sent me with words of love and caring, to remind me that people find value in me as a person.

Then there is my 'did you take the recycling?' note on the front door.

I have my post-it to-dos on my desk.

I need to come up with a goal note, and a note that reminds me to be happy. I need to come up with some kind of goal, then, and figure out how to say it.

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Yes a goal note sounds like a great idea! It helps keep you focused on the thing you are working towards.

A key is to change it around though. I've had this "125!" note in the bathroom for a while now and after a while you don't see it any more. It fades into the background. So I think if I made a new one with different colors or something it would be fresh again.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
True, it's so easy to forget to see things one they've been up for awhile. That's kind of frustrating. frown

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site