RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Jilly - have you looked the dental books up on Amazon? Are they in there? Why not list them with a high price and see if you get any emails about them?

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I will take a look at doing that, and look into Abe Books as well, I think.

Every time I move (which is a LOT) I have to face the things I hoard. I am confident that I now have enough ideas to get the books under control. The next thing I am looking into is my antiques. There was a period of about five years when I kept buying them from thrift stores with the intent to sell them elsewhere for profit.

Somewhere along the line I realized I LOVE to buy things but am terrible at selling. I don't enjoy it at all. So now I have all this stuff. It feels wasteful financially to just bring them to goodwill.

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Sigh. I am hoarding books again. I don't think I should be traveling with so many in the RV...but it makes me feel better to have them around. I love the idea of having so many wonderful choices to enjoy and learn from.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Ah but keep in mind that MANY books are available on the web now. SO you can read them - and they're not taking up any space!

All the classics are at your fingertips!

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
True. But it's a thing. I like actual books, their physicality. Also, with many parks, bandwidth and connections will be an issue.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Ah but once you find books you enjoy, you simply put them onto your computer! Then you have them all the time!

Yes I understand having physical books smile But you don't need thousands of them, just your favorites smile

Lisa Shea, Owner
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I 'hoard' books. I have thousands. I do so love books, but they can take up a lot of space. I love the computer, but I can't read a book from a screen.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #397806 03/27/10 07:59 PM
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I don't have books I have read around, except special cases like LOTR. These are books I have yet to read or use as reference.

Also, i am just not going to put books on the computer. I hate reading in the computer. I sit here all day long for work and NO way will I sit here for my time off. :-)

i am like PDM, and Giles in Buffy and Picard in Star Trek - give me books, not more of this infernal machine. :-)

I know that having this many books in the RV is an issue for over weighting, but my plan is to read things, then sell them/give away to RV park libraries.

So as i read things, they will pass from my life, unless I need them for reference.

Along these lines, and I know this is weird, but I can't use the computer like others do for rote tasks. I need to have printouts or a manual to refer to - switching between computer tabs is mentally draining and frustrating for me. I am sure it's part of my brain chemistry. At least I know this about myself! :-)

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I agree that it can be hard to read from a monitor - but how about the Kindle? Where it's just like holding a page in your hand, but it's easier to read and turn the pages?

Lisa Shea, Owner
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I don't really know much about Kindle, but I like to sit on my settee and curl up with a book. I do read articles, etc, online ~ quite a lot, actually, and even books sometimes ~ but if I want to really study them and digest them, I print them off to read on paper smile

Last edited by PDM; 03/28/10 12:17 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site