Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#399259 04/19/10 12:34 PM
S
saby Offline OP
OP Offline
S
i had knwn dis guy frm past 1 year..but in dec 09 we had a fight...after that we stopped talking..this made me realise that i liked him a lot...but then we had no connection at all...nowdays we go for the same classes...he has been staring at mee...and his facebook status are so much for me...i am quite sure that he likes me more than ever...but he's not proposing...!!..because our bestfriends dont get along...!!!..what should i do..???...i really like him a lott...

saby #399260 04/19/10 02:17 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Saby & welcome smile

I am assuming that you were friends, before, rather than boyfriend and girlfriend.

You like him and you think that he likes you.

I'm afraid that, unless friends really feel that someone is bad company ~ ie harmful ~ then I don't think that it is their business which boy you like.

So, I would suggest that you have a think about what you argued over, and see if there is something that you could apologise for.

Alternatively, if you still think that you were totally right, and that he was totally wrong, then you could at least say that instead of falling out, you should have agreed to differ and that it is time to leave that behind you now.

Hopefully you can be friends again.
Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #399464 04/23/10 04:25 PM
S
saby Offline OP
OP Offline
S
actuly we were not even such good friends..but yes we were getting along well..then suddenly he blamed me for talking stuff about him..which was actuly some xxxxxxxx rumors..
but now he has realised that he was wrong ..and i know that..he's trying to communicate to me..but not directly..it seems like he wants me to start a conversation..but how can i...
the main problem is that we both are popular and have a huge reputation and everything...we do becomes news..so our ego is clashing badly..what should i do about the ego problem..i dont want to bend in front of him...:(
but the thing is i love him... blush

Last edited by PDM; 04/24/10 11:40 PM.
saby #399584 04/24/10 11:43 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I think that you need to forget the 'egos' and 'reputations'.
Just be polite and friendly.
Talk to him when you get a chance.
How old are you, by the way ~ early to mid teens perhaps?

PDM #399615 04/25/10 12:47 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I agree completely with PDM. You learn fairly quickly that the only thing that matters in life is your own happiness and your own self respect. What random other people think is really immaterial. Especially if you're in high school - once you graduate from high school you pretty much never see those people ever again. You can't base your whole life path on random individuals who are about to vanish from your life completely.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #399662 04/25/10 12:51 PM
S
saby Offline OP
OP Offline
S
@pdm......yup m just 16 ...
i want to forget the ego's and the reputations....but the problem is its not only me who needs to step forward...he should also take intiative ...as it was majorly his fault....all this is really tireing me a lot..its frustrating...m trying not to make all dis my world...but all in the whole da i cn think abt is just this stuff..:(
@lisa...i agree wth u...but its not just ppl...its me i have a huge ego..and even he has a huge ego..i think v both want it to happen but dont know how to start....??
could you please suggest.. hw should i approach..or show that i want him to ask me out without bending in front of him.......!!
thanks to bth of u fr such gr8 advice...:)

saby #399669 04/25/10 01:55 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Saby. smile

I think that you will find that the mature thing to do is to simply forget the egos and reputations and just go and talk to him.

By the way, Saby, some of us have trouble reading 'text speak', so do you think you could try not to use it please. Thank you smile

Why do you have such a huge ego, anyway?
You do realise that it isn't usually a positive or endearing quality?
Being confident is good, but being self-obsessed isn't.
Is that what you really mean?
You will find it hard to have good relationships ~ with anyone ~ if you do not realise this and sort it out.

Ask him how his exams / homework/ studies/ lessons/ whatever / are going.
Ask him what he did at the weekend?
Ask him about his hobbies / pets / holidays / favourite music / films.
Are you interested in any of the same subjects?

What do you mean about 'bending'?
Do you feel that you would be showing yourself up, or putting yourself down, if you spoke to him?
That doesn't sound like a good way to start a friendship, does it?

You share classes, so just say hello and ask him what he thought of the lesson / the teacher/ the homework / the weather/ anything ~ just say something and smile.

You could ask him if you could do your homework together in the library, or something like that.

Or you could try the ' I think that we should talk' thing ~ and discuss why you fell out and what you should do about it.

Good luck!

PDM #399766 04/26/10 06:54 AM
S
saby Offline OP
OP Offline
S
i wish it could be so simple....
but y is it supposed to be me...y cant he take a step forward...??
i completely agree that having ego is super stupid in relationships... now i'll try talking to him..but what if he doesnt reply and completely ignores me..??..then i will simply let go ...!!

saby #399768 04/26/10 08:24 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
It is possible that you are both sending out what seem like negative vibes because of what you call your 'egos'.
Maybe it will just take one of you to simply say something to break that down.

Why should he ignore you?
If he does, well, he does. It's not the end of the world.
You don't have to do anything earth-shattering ~ just say 'hello, what did you think of the lesson?'
Presumably you talk casually with other people in your class?
So why not him?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained ~ as they say smile
Good luck!

PDM #403899 08/13/10 08:28 PM
S
saby Offline OP
OP Offline
S
heyy..i finaaly found d courage to tlk to d guy ...nd here iz our chat..!!

Me

heyy
11:55pmDanish

|| yo ||
11:55pmMe

hwz uh?
11:55pmDanish

m guud..

12:03amMe

so watz goin onn,,?
12:03amDanish

nuthin gr88

2 minzz

bzy
12:04amMe

muvie doenload..?
Danish

noo
12:05amMe

denn..
12:05amDanish

chattin

wait...
12:06amMe

oooooh..with whumm...rofl ..:P:P
12:06amDanish

dats not imp. 4 u
12:17am
Danish:

yo ..

nw speako
12:21amMe

hmmm

nw u freee
12:22amDanish

yo
12:24amMe

soo hwz lyf goin

?
12:26amDanish

guud yaar

tu bta
12:29amMe

meri bhui masst ...

nd wat else happenin..?
12:30amDanish

hwz mah dp..?
12:31amMe

achchi hai..

but watt uh guyz doin..lol
12:31amDanish

even i lso dun noe
12:31amMe

lol

>>>not once did he try knowing hw i am..!!..not once he tried continuing the conversation..!!..and what was """that's nt imp 4 u""...i hated itt and therefore i decided to delete him from my facebook friendlist..!!..but am not able to delete him from my life...!!..i really want to insult him..on his face for once...cause he continues to stare at mee..like anything..!!..and itz really pathetic..
my friends say that he stares at me cause he wants revenge...but i think...i dont know what's happenin...help meeh please...!! !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site