RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
jilly #397762 03/27/10 05:40 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
You take all the time you need. Don't worry about it feeling odd. You had planned to be settled here for a while and had the rug yanked out from beneath you. Give yourself time to get set up, and you'll know when you are ready.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I cannot wait to not be moving any more. I sooo look forward to actually knowing where a thing is, to having an address that does not change, and being able to create a space that is totally perfect for only me.

jilly #403933 08/16/10 01:56 AM
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I am amused re-reading this thread. Just a short three months later and my world is finally starting to stop spinning. I have my own land here in a town I enjoy. I can park here as long as I want to and slowly fix up the old buildings associated with it. Dan can run around the nation all he likes and it won't affect me.

At some point I need to take care of the CA storage - that is a big expense that is unnecessary. The thought of going out there and dealing with all that stuff has me scared. I am still putting it all off. It will feel great to someday have that done.

In the meantime I am still finding my way. I have a week to find a new doctor (my meds are about to run out). And I am so far behind in some of my work that i can't imagine even catching up. I am trying to take things very slowly.

I did manage to get a mailbox and my address listed in the national register. I have rain barrels set up to capture the monsoon rains and lower my water bills. The kittens are now at a foster home where they will be adopted out. I have a ladder to get up to the top of my RV so i can see the views in 360 degrees. I am working on mulching and composting the land, and now have some patio furniture that looks pretty. I have a car that runs!

It's been an incredibly stressful, uncertain year. I feel so thankful for the friends online and off that have helped soothe me. My parents have been a constant support. And I am very lucky that my husband is on board with this idea. I am really hopeful that I will find some sanity and peace.

jilly #405203 10/12/10 03:19 AM
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I found a doctor to go with now. It's not the dr i will end up using long term but i needed one right here and now. So she will do until i can fond someone closer. She is only $55 a visit with no insurance. SO that is a good start and I now have access to my meds.

I am also getting closer in my work life. Most of my things are actually caught up now, which makes me feel deeply happy.

And I am almost obsessed with fixing up my home in as green a way as possible. The research and shopping for this has been fun.

jilly #405465 10/21/10 06:59 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Jilly it is SO awesome that you have made such amazing progress in such a short period of time. To think that you went from utter unhappy chaos to having the situation of your dreams!

Now you can make a super-cool green home and be an inspiration to us all!

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
Sad news: i am starting to seriously doubt i made the right decision in settling in this town.

Not sure where to go mentally with this one.

jilly #410256 02/20/11 04:04 AM
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
Things are improving here for me - it does feel like home here now. I am about to spend two months in LA and wonder if I will miss it here.

jilly #414109 04/19/11 11:33 PM
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
Just an update - I am loving LA. I had no ideas there were so many lovely places to hike and explore. Shows what i thought I knew about Los Angeles. So much wildlife and hidden nooks and crannies, once you really start to research an area!

jilly #414110 04/20/11 01:01 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Glad things are going well for you smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
jilly #414115 04/20/11 01:20 AM
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
Thank you! This really worked out well - Redondo beach is quiet and charming and the Palos Verdes Penninsula has outstanding recreation. You have no sense of being in the center of one of the world's largest metro areas. It feels like how So Cal might have been a few hundred years ago.

I have recently learned that DH will be here through August, so i feel better about that too. That means i can come and go to AZ and not have to go crazy missing Dan (who will be close enough to drive to). having him living in Washington was hard enough - I am not looking forward to him moving to Oklahoma.

I do miss my actual home in AZ. I think I will go back there for May and June.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site